Does this not make my brother an asshole?

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
He flew up here to suprise his fiance for her tea and to suprise my mother. Both thought he wasn't coming, but he had been planning to suprise them. To make a long story short... I had to take him to the airport at 5AM. I had to stop and get gas, so I asked him to pump it and he did. I came home and went back to bed for a bit, and he called me when he got to Orlando. He told me that he accidently pocketed my gas card, but that he would mail it to me. I told him that's fine accidents happen and I've probably done something similar before. I tell him I'm going out of town for spring break, so could he express mail it(13$) so that I could get it the next day or for SURE the next day after that. He said sure.

Fast forward to today. I call and ask him how he sent it, and he said it was sent regular USPS. I asked him WHY. He said he didn't want to pay the extra 10. WTF? I had offered to him on the phone to pay the difference before he mailed it because I needed it for gas. Some of you may say... well Mill just use another card or use cash. Problem with that(which he knew) is that I have a budget and I literally used all my cash to pay off credit cards and the like. I just paid them the other night so the funds are tied up until it clears. I also have a car payment to make, so I can't use that money either. Basically I was depending on the gas card to pay for gas on my trip, and was going to use my reserve money for food, beer, lodging, etc. Now basically I'm fvcked and I won't be able to go. He doesn't think it is a big deal. It just pisses me off because I had to rearrange my schedule in the first place because he came up here, let him stay at my house and eat my food. Then he pulls crap like this. Sigh. Thanks brother.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Cuda1447
Sounds like you guys have communication problems.

How so? He clearly understood what I asked him to do, it is just he was an ass and didn't want to pay the extra.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
its always a good plan to charge things if you cant afford them
rolleye.gif

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I would have been pissed ...especially when/if I was going to eat some of the shipping costs for the gas card.

Sysadmin

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
my brother accedently had my house key and i asked him to stick it in a padded envelope and mail it to me, 3 weeks later when i have no key i call him, he says he mailed it in a regular envelope, great i say, low and behlod 2 days later i get 1/2 an envelope in teh mail and no key

i was so damn pissed i made him pay the 50$ to get me a new one

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: GoodDad
rolleye.gif

You are seriously a complete fvcking moron. I can afford it just fine, but I do have bills to pay, and I won't take a trip if that affects my ability to pay my bills. So I'm not supposed to have a mortgage or car loan because I couldn't pay cash? I use my CCs because of rewards and things of that matter. Once I budgeted out all my money I'm not going to spend out of my budget. My gas card is budgeted for next month and not this month because it was already paid. I've got abut 6 retail or Credit Cards and I only carry a balance on my best buy due to 0% on a washing machine I bought. How about you blow me?

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Originally posted by: Anubis
my brother accedently had my house key and i asked him to stick it in a padded envelope and mail it to me, 3 weeks later when i have no key i call him, he says he mailed it in a regular envelope, great i say, low and behlod 2 days later i get 1/2 an envelope in teh mail and no key

I think it's funny that the post office sent you half an envelope...

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: Nebor

yea it was in a US mail bag that said sorry if anything was lost but this is all we got :|

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: CheapArse
To answer your question, Yes. USPS should arrive within a day or 2, why does this mean you can't go at all?

I was only going down to my friends place for Wednesday and Thursday. That were the days he didn't have work and we could do things. Then I was driving back to his place and picking my dog up from surgery before heading up to my parent's house. It would basically screw my trip over if I have to wait, so I was just be unable to go visit my friend.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: Mill
rolleye.gif

You are seriously a complete fvcking moron. I can afford it just fine, but I do have bills to pay, and I won't take a trip if that affects my ability to pay my bills. So I'm not supposed to have a mortgage or car loan because I couldn't pay cash? I use my CCs because of rewards and things of that matter. Once I budgeted out all my money I'm not going to spend out of my budget. My gas card is budgeted for next month and not this month because it was already paid. I've got abut 6 retail or Credit Cards and I only carry a balance on my best buy due to 0% on a washing machine I bought. How about you blow me?

calm down mill, I was kidding....

do you have a paypal debit card?

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
rolleye.gif

/watches GoodDad's soul's leg kicking around outside Mill's mouth before Mill ends it's movement with a resounding crunch.

Told ya so.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

yea it was in a US mail bag that said sorry if anything was lost but this is all we got :|

I've gotten one of those before. If they mishandle your mail they bit something in there saying sorry. I can't remember what piece of mail that happened to me on, but I remember it wasn't a big deal. I bet that key being in a regular envelope instead of padded got it caught on their sorting machine or conveyer.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003

Yeah right... You're gonna come home one day and your mail man will be sniffing your undies. :Q

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
rolleye.gif

calm down mill, I was kidding....

do you have a paypal debit card?

I did about 2 years ago but not anymore.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
I did about 2 years ago but not anymore

oh well...I was going to offer to loan you the cash until you were squared away

Hopefully you get the card in the mail before you have to leave. Sometime usps can surprise you with <2 day turnaround.