Does this mean I'm accepted to the college?

WombRaider

Banned
Jun 21, 2007
I'm currently in the process of transferring to a different college. My parents received a letter today requiring some financial aid verification documents, however, I haven't received an official acceptance letter yet. I called the financial aid office of the school to ask if the financial aid verification documents means that I'm accepted. The person I talked to said yes.

I'm still a little paranoid. Maybe the person who I was talking to on the phone was thinking of some other financial aid documents. So does this mean that I'm accepted to the school?

WombRaider

Banned
Jun 21, 2007
What would be the point of the financial aid verification documents if I was rejected? There would be no point in verifying if I was already turned down.

StevenYoo

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2001
why are you arguing about this?

if you're still not sure as to your admissions status after talking to financial aid, then go straight to the head and talk to admissions.

it should be a short phone call

manlymatt83

Lifer
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: StevenYoo

if you're still not sure as to your admissions status after talking to financial aid, then go straight to the head and talk to admissions.

WombRaider

Banned
Jun 21, 2007
Originally posted by: StevenYoo

I believe they're closed right now, but I could try.

Tobolo

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
I used to work in a University admissions office. When we did letters they were sent out in batches but the applicant was passed into the computer system as soon as they were accepted.

In other words, you are accepted. You should receive your letter soon. Cheers and congratulations!

E equals MC2

Banned
Apr 16, 2006
Originally posted by: Tobolo
I used to work in a University admissions office. When we did letters they were sent out in batches but the applicant was passed into the computer system as soon as they were accepted.

In other words, you are accepted. You should receive your letter soon. Cheers and congratulations!

Watch him get rejected and you break his poor heart. :brokenheart::(

Saint Michael

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2007
Often-times admissions and financial aid acceptances are processed separately, because financial aid stuff has to be processed before the application notification deadline.

dr150

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2003
Originally posted by: WombRaider
I'm currently in the process of transferring to a different college. My parents received a letter today requiring some financial aid verification documents, however, I haven't received an official acceptance letter yet. I called the financial aid office of the school to ask if the financial aid verification documents means that I'm accepted. The person I talked to said yes.

I'm still a little paranoid. Maybe the person who I was talking to on the phone was thinking of some other financial aid documents. So does this mean that I'm accepted to the school?

Sometimes the financial aid package is approved and sent before the admissions letter.

That's how it was for me in two cases: U. of Chicago and UCLA.