Does the Club worK?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BCYL

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
AnimeKnight:

That's why you need an alarm that cuts the ignition or locks the starter motor... the siren itself does nothing, the thief can just pop the hood right away and cut the siren...

However, an alarm that cuts the ignition can be much more effective if installed right... The alarm has to be well hidden in the engine bay so the thieves cannot easily bypass it...

AnimeKnight

Golden Member
Jan 8, 2000
BCYL
I have a clifford Immobilizer.. it's stop the starter unless a key is inserted before starting your car. I don't really like it because I think it affect my starter it would take me 5 sec to get my car start sometimes longer... I will check out the alarms that stop the starter or ignition.. thanks for the tip

BCYL

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
So even after you inserted the key, it still takes you longer to start your car? That's very strange...

I also have a clifford alarm with immobilizer... however I dont have a key, just the remote control... if the alarm goes off, the starter motor will not run when you try to start the car... however if the alarm is disarmed, it doesnt take me any longer than normal to start my car...

Also it's very important to get an alarm installed properly (ie. everything well hidden)... the best alarm can still become useless if it was installed poorly...

BCYL

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Oh and if you are really paranoid about having your car stolen, you can always pull the starter fuse and take it with you when u leave the car... I know some people who actually do this :) Of course, depending on what car you have, this can be very easy or a pain in the @ss to do...