Does the Club worK?

rpzero

Dec 5, 2000
When you put the club in your car do you think it actually deters potential car thieves or does it actually draw more attention to your car?

hmm...has anyone here tried to steal a car with the club on?

Locutus of Board

Diamond Member
Dec 14, 1999
It helps them decide to cut your steering wheel to get your car. Slows them down...slightly.

Avoids your car being stolen by someone walking by, fancying your car to just take it for a ride.

RDMustang1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2001
Anyone who is out to steal a car and has prethought it somewhat will have no problem getting through the club.

bonkers325

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000

<< When you put the club in your car do you think it actually deters potential car thieves or does it actually draw more attention to your car?

hmm...has anyone here tried to steal a car with the club on?
>>

not really

rpzero

Dec 5, 2000
RDMustang,

so you are saying that a &quot;professional&quot; or &quot;expert&quot; car thieve can get through the club quite easily?

rpzero

Dec 5, 2000
Amish,

No I havn't. I've been too busy to see any movie lately. Maybe I will just to see what happens.

Gatsby

Golden Member
Nov 6, 1999
I bought the club for one reason.. To stop a majority of the car thieves..

But if a theif REALLY wants your car then they can get it.
Its not a problem for them.

The club just deters the people who want to pick up a car fast and leave.
Deters teh lazy car thieves :)

Gatsby

BigToque

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

<< so you are saying that a &quot;professional&quot; or &quot;expert&quot; car thieve can get the club quite easily? >>

There are 2 ways to get the club off:

1: Pry it off
2: Cut the steering wheel

Neither way is very difficult to get off.

There is no replacement for a good alarm system,

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Or, the way it's done in Gone in 60 seconds.

He unscrews the steering wheel and removes it, then reattaches a wheel he brought with.

Definitely for the &quot;Professional&quot; thief. ;)

amish

Sigity

Jan 29, 2001
I think it definetely deters a random theif. But, if somebody is targeting your car, I think they can get around it.

Isn't their some system that locates your car whenever its gone? Get that...especially if you are worried about theives.

sig.

ravahbOi

Mar 17, 2000
If the thief has any inkling of lock picking, he could prolly get it off in about 10 seconds. Easy locks to pick!

kamiam

Banned
Dec 12, 1999
just &quot;freeze&quot; the lock...it breaks easily then....if you want true protection get Lojack...the car can be traced anywhere

Gusfo0

Golden Member
Feb 21, 2001
There was an infomercial about a &quot;brake&quot; lock. Essentially they put it to the test againt the club and had professional car thieves try to steal the car with no luck.

It locks aroun the break (which is the strongest part of your car) rather than the weakest (aka the steering wheel which is usually made of foam because of the chance your head can hit it during a collision.)

Check out the infomercial, it's very informative. :)

rpzero

Dec 5, 2000
Thanks guys.

I'm not that worried about my car, since I drive a very mediocre Civic.

It's just that my dad made me buy the Club and I have to put it on everytime I park or he gets pissed. I also noticed that very few cars have it, so I thought a thieve might actually go for one with the club on just because it's more noticeable.

Mutilator

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2000
I think a lot of people started using the Lawmans Autolock or whatever it's called.. it's like the club but it goes on your brake pedal... thieves can cut thru your steering wheel very easy... I'd like to see them do the same to your brake pedal ;)

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
If you use it to beat them with.

Slows down amaturs so I guess that is good enough many times but if you have a thief-desirable ride, it is of limited value.

BCYL

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Yeah, the thing these guys are talking about which locks the brake/clutch pedal is call AUTOLOCK. Your brake pedal/clutch pedal is one of the strongest parts in your car (for obvious reasons, u dont want the brake pedal to fall off when you are braking :) ), and cannot be easily cut like the steering wheel (which is usually made of soft plastic or foam)...

Supposedly the AutoLock is unbreakable, and so far I have no seen anyone steal a car using autolock...

perry

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2000
If someone wants your car they'll just bring a flatbed and tow it away, ain't nuthin gunna stop them besides a Marine Expeditionary Force standing guard around it.

I wouldn't want LoJack on my car either. If it's stolen, it'll probably be stripped or wrecked or messed up some other way and I wouldn't want it back anyways. Let em keep it, I don't wanna deal with the hassle of getting it fixed, just give me my money and send me on my merry way to the classifieds in the newspaper to find another car.

DoubleN

Aug 8, 2000
I would think that &quot;The Club&quot; and similar devices would be useful against a small time car thief because it's easier for them to just take the car park next to yours, but for a pro, all they need is a tow truck or something of the sort while you're in the store and everything would look totally legit to those watching.

Pastore

Diamond Member
Feb 9, 2000
think of the club as a firewall... a casual person scanning some ports for the heck of it isnt going to try to get in if it is going to be hard, or time consuming... but if a true hacker is trying to get into your computer, nothing is going to stop them :)

iamshady

Golden Member
Mar 1, 2001
I think all you need is a pipe cutter... it's a good deterrant though for the average car thief without any preference. &quot;Hmm, this car isn't worth the trouble, I'll move on to the next.&quot;

AnimeKnight

Golden Member
Jan 8, 2000
I am considering to get a car alarm.. however one thing that is stopping me is that.. I don't believe it works.. everyday in the parking lot you hear the car alarms go off but anyone care?? nooooo... people just carry on with their usual bussiness...I guess I want to get it to get that peace of mind..