Does the 2060 graphics card support HDR 10 PLUS? to the movies? I can't find an option for HDR

roynany

Jan 24, 2021
Does the 2060 graphics card support HDR 10 PLUS? to the movies?
I can't find an option for HDR

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I believe that it's part of the HDMI 2.0a/b or possibly HDMI 2.1 specs.

What OS and what media player and what output display?

roynany

Jan 24, 2021
I believe that it's part of the HDMI 2.0a/b or possibly HDMI 2.1 specs.

It has nothing to do with the HDMI 2.0 standard!
The question is whether NVIDIA opened this possibility!
In the past they wrote HDR 10 only!
A year ago they promised that by mid-2022 there would also be an HDR 10+ standard

All HDR options have since been removed from the NVIDIA website

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
All HDR options have since been removed from the NVIDIA website

Look at the footnotes. Apparently, on those cards, one must use the DP outputs for HDR.

They don't explicitly call out HDR10; I believe that's actually a function of how you material was pre-recorded.

roynany

Jan 24, 2021

Look at the footnotes. Apparently, on those cards, one must use the DP outputs for HDR.

They don't explicitly call out HDR10; I believe that's actually a function of how you material was pre-recorded.

It is impossible to understand anything from the material you brought!

1. There is no detail for the 2060 card! or HDMI

2. There is no detail at all for HDR types and certainly nothing is written about HDR 10 PLUS

George Nasir

Sep 20, 2022
Additionally, the RTX 2060 supports DisplayPort 1.4, HDMI 2.0b, HDR, Simultaneous Multi-Projection (SMP), and H. 265 video en/decoding PlayReady 3.0.

roynany

Jan 24, 2021
Read this!

What is the connection between the article and my video card 2060?

Where is it written which video card will support it?
2000 series
3000 series
4000 series
???

It's just a Samsung promotional article that I read

Where do you see an announcement from NVIDIA that confirmed that it supports HDR 10+?

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
What is the connection between the article and my video card 2060?

Where is it written which video card will support it?
2000 series
3000 series
4000 series
???

It's just a Samsung promotional article that I read

Where do you see an announcement from NVIDIA that confirmed that it supports HDR 10+?
Sounds like you didn't read the whole thing.

Introduced four years ago, HDR10+ has built robust support across the industry, with 128 partners and over 4,000 supported devices, including TVs, projectors, smartphones and tablets from more than 28 manufacturers. HDR10+’s metadata also offers flexible reference tone and mapping curve definition for content creators, allowing them to deliver more impactful images exactly as they intended them to be seen.

In addition, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series, RTX 20 Series and GTX 16 Series GPUs will support the HDR10+ GAMING standard with drivers scheduled for release in 2022.

roynany

Jan 24, 2021
Sounds like you didn't read the whole thing.

Introduced four years ago, HDR10+ has built robust support across the industry, with 128 partners and over 4,000 supported devices, including TVs, projectors, smartphones and tablets from more than 28 manufacturers. HDR10+’s metadata also offers flexible reference tone and mapping curve definition for content creators, allowing them to deliver more impactful images exactly as they intended them to be seen.

In addition, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series, RTX 20 Series and GTX 16 Series GPUs will support the HDR10+ GAMING standard with drivers scheduled for release in 2022.
That's the problem, you didn't read the ad!
1. Nothing is written about NVIDIA 2060
2. Nothing is written when it will be and which video card!
3. You invent many things that are not written in the article at all!
4. The article is not NVIDIA or on its behalf!
And nothing is guaranteed to you from the manufacturer!

Samsung provides HDR10+ GAMING
This has nothing to do with NVIDIA

And I wrote only about movies!
No games!

6. If you read the NVIDIA website, the manufacturer does not promise anything about HDR 10+

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
That's the problem, you didn't read the ad!
1. Nothing is written about NVIDIA 2060
2. Nothing is written when it will be and which video card!
3. You invent many things that are not written in the article at all!
4. The article is not NVIDIA or on its behalf!
And nothing is guaranteed to you from the manufacturer!

Samsung provides HDR10+ GAMING
This has nothing to do with NVIDIA

And I wrote only about movies!
No games!

6. If you read the NVIDIA website, the manufacturer does not promise anything about HDR 10+
You need to reread the page! It mentions that drivers due in 2022 will support the 2000 series for HDR 10+. It's near the end of the article, so I'm guessing you didn't get that far.

roynany

Jan 24, 2021
You need to reread the page! It mentions that drivers due in 2022 will support the 2000 series for HDR 10+. It's near the end of the article, so I'm guessing you didn't get that far.
" You need to reread the page! It mentions that drivers due in 2022 will support the 2000 series for HDR 10+. "

Video card manufacturer does not approve this!
A graphics card manufacturer is not responsible for the publication of a journalist!
NVIDIA claims that there is no support yet!
So who can believe an advertisement that says nothing!
Or the manufacturer says there is no support yet

If you have proof that NVIDIA released a suitable driver, bring proof from NVIDIA and not an advertisement that has nothing to do with NVIDIA

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
" You need to reread the page! It mentions that drivers due in 2022 will support the 2000 series for HDR 10+. "

Video card manufacturer does not approve this!
A graphics card manufacturer is not responsible for the publication of a journalist!
NVIDIA claims that there is no support yet!
So who can believe an advertisement that says nothing!
Or the manufacturer says there is no support yet

If you have proof that NVIDIA released a suitable driver, bring proof from NVIDIA and not an advertisement that has nothing to do with NVIDIA
If Nvidia said there is no support yet, then you already have your answer.