Does Super Sampling works on HD 4x00 hardware?

evolucion8

Platinum Member
Jun 17, 2005
I went to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{40256621-008C-4EA9-A370-C048DC8508C4}\0001 key (Last numbers should be different on every system) and I edited a Reg SZ option that says ASE_NA which is set to 0, setting it to 1, will activate an option in the Adaptive Anti Aliasing that have the following options.

When the slider is set to the extreme left, adaptive anti aliasing is off and the alpha textures will work as normal with jaggies and stuff, (I double checked that with DX9FSAAViewer), then when I set it to the middle option which says "Adaptive Multi Sampling", the alpha textures got smooth with anti aliasing, then I moved to the far right, and it says "Adaptive Super Sampling" and it also worked, but I couldn't find a difference in image quality or performance in games like Need for Speed Shift or Dirt 2, but since both are DX9 games, I don't think that it would tax the GPU enough, specially at my resolution.

The Alpha textures looked very smooth and everything was very clean, but I'm not sure if it's working, could someone check that with a HD 4x00 series? I also turned on Temporal Anti Aliasing with the 3 option and it also worked, I though that ATi disabled Temporal Anti Aliasing with R600 and later cards.