Does such a thing exist? Radio-wave remote for my satellite receiver to interface with its infrared?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I want to put my satellite receiver's output into another room, but the problem is the remote operates on infrared, which does a poor job at going through walls. Is it possible to buy a remote setup which goes on radio and would have an infrared output, which I could place in front of my sat receiver, thus allowing me to watch tv anywhere in the house? It's not a big house, btw :)

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
If you've got Dish Network, they have a device made exactly for that purpose, it's called the IR-to-UHF upgrade kit. Comes with a UHF remote and a little pyramid that recieves UHF and sits on top of your reciever.

jadinolf

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: jadinolf
Originally posted by: werk
http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?c=1&b=g&qp=0169736803679&bookmark=bookmark_0&oid=60468&catoid=-9716

I have this and it works like a charm. One unit is on my tv stand shelf. The other is in an armoire across the room with the rest of the electronics.
Thanks for the link. I bought something like this from BB about 4 years ago and it cost $50. I have never been happy with it.

I'm going to try the one from CC.
It's extra nice because the "remote" unit has an emitter in the base unit, plus a ~3ft wired emitter you can run to other devices in the area as well. Works great if you have multiple items on separate shelves.

However, if you really want the best, you can't beat Niles products. My friend's home has Niles IR eyes all over the house...it's so cool.

jadinolf

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: jadinolf
http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?c=1&b=g&qp=0169736803679&bookmark=bookmark_0&oid=60468&catoid=-9716

I have this and it works like a charm. One unit is on my tv stand shelf. The other is in an armoire across the room with the rest of the electronics.
Thanks for the link. I bought something like this from BB about 4 years ago and it cost $50. I have never been happy with it.

I'm going to try the one from CC.
It's extra nice because the "remote" unit has an emitter in the base unit, plus a ~3ft wired emitter you can run to other devices in the area as well. Works great if you have multiple items on separate shelves.

However, if you really want the best, you can't beat Niles products. My friend's home has Niles IR eyes all over the house...it's so cool.

Thanks. I have bookmarked that also.