Does skywalker66 have a girl opportunity?

skywalker66

Banned
Nov 5, 2001
My gosh, can i just say that I LOVE attraction. It makes me feel all special and tingly inside. Anyways, on with the point.

This year, at college (a community college) I met this girl in my Geology class that I thought was really really really hot! Turns out she actually has a pretty cool personality too, and i talked to her in class like a good amount last semester, then on the last day of school i took a risk and asked her if she wanted to exchange numbers and do anything over the summer.

We did so and after that went out for coffee, and that my friends was the closest thing I've ever come to having a date. It was cool, we got along fine, and she told me about this church activity that she goes to on Wednesday, kinda like a youth group only it allows older ppl like me (I'm 19).
I thought this was really cool, since I was really looking to find some good fellowship in a church, but had a hard time finding a church with a group for ppl my age.

So for the last 5-6 weeks I have been going to this thing on Wednesday nights, and hanging out with her and her friends afterwards. We usually go out to eat. Anyways It's been a little tricky getting to know her cuz she's so tight with her friends,
and I've probably come off a little odd, since i'm pretty self conscious when I talk, so its felt like lately the odds have been against me. I also have some stiff competition from a taller, darker complexion, more-cut ectomorph prep who apparently this girl has a little crush on.

To make things worse: for some reason I just feel odd being around her, like I guess it just feels socially akward being around her and all, and i dont know what the deal is, all i know is that i kinda like her, and..
I've never had a girlfriend yet, and I'm 19. never been out on a date even. So as you can see, I'm desperate to get some experience points up on the board.

Anyways, I feel kinda bad because I meant to ask her out on a date awhile back, but junk kept on coming up and I never got around to calling her. The only time I called her was when I told her I'd be coming for the first wednesday night, and i asked for directions.
I guess mainly the reason I was afraid to progress things further was because I was afraid that if she turned me down I would lose my link to the church and the Christian fellowship there. For me also that seems kind of like a big deal because I havent really found a church to settle in at, in the last few years, and the church I was at for most of my life, i didnt really get involved in my youth group So in a way i guess this seems like vengence for my past.
The irony of this is that I am going to start going to a 4 year school down here next fall, Bethel College (A christian school), and will be living on campus. She will be going to some college up in rochester. (1.5 hours away) And most likely I probably wont get around to going to this church much during the school year since it's kinda out of my way from the college, and also on wednesdays ill be busy with bible studies and stuff at Bethel College.

So... ironically the socialness at this church will probably come to a halt during this fall, and I suppose if there was any chance of me continuing anything, it would probably have been with the girl.

So basically what I am trying to say is that there's about 2 months left in the summer for me to get to know her more, and what I'm sort of pondering is whether or not I should try to start a relationship with her or not, or whether I should just be her friend.

I'm a little dissapointed, because all my friends tell me that the girl would have been worth more to keep than the church, and that i shoulda taken a risk and asked her out awhile back, and now they tell me that the good window has passed, and that she has probably put me in the 'friends' category.

So do you guys have any input on what I should do here?
I'm still unsure about asking her out on a date, i dont think she likes me as much anymore after I started going to her church, but for some reason I still like her. And unfortunately the odds of her saying yes to me asking her out are probably not nearly as good as they were before,

but I still like her, and I also just want to get some experience in the area of relationships even though there is only 2 months left to the summer.

So, do you guys think I should make a move and ask her out soon, or do you think I should just try to be friends with her for the rest of the summer,
heck even if I did ask her out do you think she would say yes?
or would I just get screwed over, and not be able to hang around her and her friends because it would feel too akward.

help.

---- Cliff Notes ----

Steve = me

-Steve hasnt ever had a girlfriend before, and wants to have that pleasant experience

-Steve also hasnt really been involved in a youth group before, and has wanted to be for quite some time

-Steve for once in his life began talking to a girl in a class at his community college this last semester, and asked her for her number on the last day of school and then they went out for coffee. At the coffee place she invited me to her youth group on wednesday (that accepts 19 yr olds like me - usually the cap is at 18)

-Steve shows up to youth group for the last 5 weeks. has had a hard time gettin to know katie, and feels kinda socially akward around her probably because he's so self conscious when he talks to her and other things

-Steve should have asked her out on a date at the beginning of the summer but didnt, because he was afraid he'd lose his connection to the church. Steve thought if he waited it out before asking her there'd be less of a risk

-School Starts in 2 months, the girl (katie) is going to college somewhere 1.5 hours away. it will also be inconvenient to go to this same church when college starts, so all fellowship with the church and katie may end at the end of the summer

-Steve is kicking himself for missing his window of opportunity and wishes he had asked her out earlier.

-So Should I still ask her out or not?

tRaptor

Golden Member
Jul 31, 2002
Ask her out. It cant really hurt.

Dont be like me. Just grit your teeth and do it. Or you can just watch as the opertunities pass by, and she just wants to be freinds...................................oh the store of my life, and i wont ever get her out of my head........................

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Never ask to be friends. :Q I just glanced over your post, so..

Ask her out. If she says no, move on. If you "hang out" for the summer, you will be on the wrong ladder.

Seriously, if she's interested, it will be obvious. Make your move. If it doesen't happen, then it most likely never will.

atom

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 1999
Advice for 95% of the YAGT's on this forum can be summed up like this:

Take the initiative or sit at home and wank off by yourself. Your choice.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Skyclad1uhm1
Unless the girl is a geek you won't stand a chance if you introduce yourself as skywalker66.
:D

Dec 4, 2002
cliff notes are still pretty long... :p

ask her out, you're slidding into friends only territory if you're not already there...

TheBoyBlunder

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2003
Originally posted by: atom
Advice for 95% of the YAGT's on this forum can be summed up like this:

Take the initiative or sit at home and wank off by yourself. Your choice.

And once again, it applies here.

drum

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2003
i hate to say it, but i think you missed your window. Lesson learned! take this and move on. Feel good about it! props for asking for her number before school was out.

skywalker66

Banned
Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by: CheapArse
cliff notes are still pretty long... :p

ask her out, you're slidding into friends only territory if you're not already there...

If I'm already there, should i still ask her out?

skywalker66

Banned
Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by: drum
i hate to say it, but i think you missed your window. Lesson learned! take this and move on. Feel good about it! props for asking for her number before school was out.

maybe i missed my window

but would it still hurt to ask?

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: skywalker66

maybe i missed my window

You can ask her out, but even if she says 'yes', don't count on it working out too hard. It will just cause you pain otherwise if it doesn't.

skywalker66

Banned
Nov 5, 2001

maybe i missed my window

You can ask her out, but even if she says 'yes', don't count on it working out too hard. It will just cause you pain otherwise if it doesn't.

explain, why would it not work out very well?

and i thought relationships can give positive memories, even after the relationship ends.

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001

maybe i missed my window

explain, why would it not work out very well?

and i thought relationships can give positive memories, even after the relationship ends.

If she sees going out as 'going out as friends' while you consider her 'yes' as her wanting to marry you, it might not quite turn out the way you'd like it to.
If you are already 'just a friend' to her she may not see going out as dating.

FuZoR

Diamond Member
Sep 22, 2001
im sorta the same position as you with a girl... got her # on the last day of the semester... called her twice the first few weeks but its been over a month since i last spoke to her. She lives to far to do anything together anyways.

/me strugs and she isnt returning to my school this fall so bleh. I'm working something with anoter girl anyway :) haha.

with your situation, it can't hurt to try... just go for it. i hate regrets and thoughts of what if.

CastorTr0y

Jun 18, 2003
I couldnt tell by your post if you still go to the church thing with her. If you do, you just have to try to come onto her when you hang out. Like get close to her when you walk, or whatever. Hold her hand that kinda stuff. If you dont go to that thing to hang out anymore, you've defnitely gotta just go for it man. You gotta call her up, and say that you wanted to hang out, because you haven't seen her in a while, or whatever. Most girls, if they like you will start to be affectionate, if you just give them the right signals.