Does Partypoker suck or what?

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
I've been playing at Pokerstars for a couple months. I figured I'd give PP another try, having deposited some money and played a little .15/.30 limit in early January. So I go there now, and (a) I can't even join a microlimit table because those are for "beginners", and (b) every table at .50/1.00 has a waitlist of at least 4 players. $1/2 is even worse, with waitlists up to 15 players. wtf. I guess Party doesn't want my business.

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
Maybe it's easier to win there if you play normally. Jokerstars is full of chasers, and very often the worst pre-flop hand wins.

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Originally posted by: conehead433
Maybe it's easier to win there if you play normally. Jokerstars is full of chasers, and very often the worst pre-flop hand wins.

all low limit games are like that. there are plenty of opportunities to make money though.

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Yossarian

all low limit games are like that. there are plenty of opportunities to make money though.

Why don't you try to play in the higher limit games then?

Garet Jax

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2000

Are you playing NL, PL or limit?

Oct 20, 2005
I've been playing at Pokerstars for a couple months. I figured I'd give PP another try, having deposited some money and played a little .15/.30 limit in early January. So I go there now, and (a) I can't even join a microlimit table because those are for "beginners", and (b) every table at .50/1.00 has a waitlist of at least 4 players. $1/2 is even worse, with waitlists up to 15 players. wtf. I guess Party doesn't want my business.

A 4 player wait list is not long at all. Less than 10 min usually.

15 players wait list .... not long either, 20 min top. Of course it all depends on traffic....sometimes I had 10 players waiting and it took less than 2 min, while other times it took considerably more than that.

But ever since they had their new interface, it seems like the functionality has been cut in half. I think they are still adding content and shiz so thats why it feels kinda limited in what you can do.

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Schfifty Five

15 players wait list .... not long either, 20 min top. Of course it all depends on traffic....sometimes I had 10 players waiting and it took less than 2 min, while other times it took considerably more than that.

But ever since they had their new interface, it seems like the functionality has been cut in half. I think they are still adding content and shiz so thats why it feels kinda limited in what you can do.

see, that's just stupid. if there are 40+ players waiting at a certain limit they could just open additional tables and rake them all for that much longer.

puffff

Platinum Member
Jun 25, 2004
i've played with partypoker and ultimatebet, i have to say i enjoy the latter more.

xenocyd3

Banned
Jul 28, 2003
partypoker is rigged..

they always give you action hands... which is why the onyl way to win any money overall is to only play when you have the ABSOLUTE nuts....

Oct 20, 2005
Originally posted by: Schfifty Five

see, that's just stupid. if there are 40+ players waiting at a certain limit they could just open additional tables and rake them all for that much longer.

I think b/c of their new software/interface, there aren't as many tables open at one time. I bet as time goes on and as they tweak their interface, it'll have more and more tables.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
If you don't wait for a specific table you can sit down essentially anytime you want.

Take the next available table with minimum 9 players & you'll have a seat at a full table in no time.

Party tables are loose enough that you can pretty much pick one at random & be guaranteed a fish or two. If not, you can simply join the waitlist again & find a new table.

Viper GTS

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Originally posted by: xenocyd3
partypoker is rigged..

they always give you action hands... which is why the onyl way to win any money overall is to only play when you have the ABSOLUTE nuts....

that's a pretty silly thing to write. you don't need the nuts but you do need a better hand than what you might think at the low limits because so many fish call all the way.