Does NewEgg's Fedex delivery require a signature?

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Arg - It turns out that my new mobo is on their delivery truck - I'm not going to be at my house for the rest of today due to classes - will they leave it at my doorstep or will they require me to sign for it before delivery can be taken?

For most smaller items, FedEx has just left them in my hallway. However, I've never ordered from Newegg, so they might give FedEx different instructions. Was it shipped Express Saver?

EDIT: According to the FedEx website, Signature Home Delivery on a Ground shipment is $2/package. I really doubt that Newegg would spend that extra $$ on a free ship.

EDIT2: But for all Express shipments, I think FedEx requires a signature. So it depends which method Newegg chose...but since it said "Express Saver" on their site, you might have to sign.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: jumpr
For most smaller items, FedEx has just left them in my hallway. However, I've never ordered from Newegg, so they might give FedEx different instructions. Was it shipped Express Saver?

Yes, that's it.

godmare

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2002
iirc, you have to sign unless you instruct newegg or fedex differently.
Try calling fedex and asking them to leave it without a signature.

Lenine

Apr 19, 2003
don't know how it works in the US... but most stores in Canada require you to sign for it, because you can just say you didn't get it and make them ship you another one.

hdeck

Lifer
Sep 26, 2002
unless you've filled out the form that allows them to leave it, they won't.

spartan

Oct 9, 1999
I just had some stuff delivered from NewEgg a couple of weeks ago. What hdeck said is right.

Originally posted by: hdeck

edmundoab

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2003
www.facebook.com
i live in an apartment..
and if I am at home to receive the package.. they'll take a signature,
otherwise it goes to the management office..

I guess its not required a signature

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
Originally posted by: spartan
I just had some stuff delivered from NewEgg a couple of weeks ago. What hdeck said is right.
Originally posted by: hdeck
True. It might be different if the package could be left at an office in an apartment, but for houses where the package would have to be left outside, they will not leave said package without a prior signature on a form from you (they will leave such a form the first time they attempt to deliver if you are not there; leave the form outside next time and they will leave the package even if you're not there).

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
When my computer was shipped from newegg (new mobo, ram, DVD drive, CDRW drive, processor, HDD, gfx card) they didn't ask for a signature. IN fact, they delivered to my house when i wasn't there.

bunker

Lifer
Apr 23, 2001
That's why I have all Fedex deliveries sent to work. They sign for it at the front desk :) :p

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Sometimes you have to sign for it.

I sent something Fedex Ground Home Delivery last week and they said they just leave it, no signiture.

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
Originally posted by: edmundoab
i live in an apartment..
and if I am at home to receive the package.. they'll take a signature,
otherwise it goes to the management office..

I guess its not required a signature

They are required to sign for it at the office, then you are required to sign for it when you get it from the office.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
They toss my newegg stuff under my gate and leave. My xp2400+ and stuff showed up under the gate last week...:D

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001
You do not have to be home. The signature is not required. I'm rarely available when my Newegg orders arrive. Just leave them a note saying where to put it and 90% of the drivers will have no problem with it.

Spac3d

Banned
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: IGBT
They toss my newegg stuff under my gate and leave. My xp2400+ and stuff showed up under the gate last week...:D
Under what gate??:confused:

SaigonK

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
www.robertrivas.com
Originally posted by: jumpr
For most smaller items, FedEx has just left them in my hallway. However, I've never ordered from Newegg, so they might give FedEx different instructions. Was it shipped Express Saver? EDIT: According to the FedEx website, Signature Home Delivery on a Ground shipment is $2/package. I really doubt that Newegg would spend that extra $$ on a free ship. EDIT2: But for all Express shipments, I think FedEx requires a signature. So it depends which method Newegg chose...but since it said "Express Saver" on their site, you might have to sign.

You can actually ask FedEx for a waiver of your signature, but be forewarned if you do and the box disappears...you are out of luck.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by: IGBT
They toss my newegg stuff under my gate and leave. My xp2400+ and stuff showed up under the gate last week...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Under what gate??

-------------------------
Currently employed by: J.T. Marlin
--------------
"I aint from England, but my money still comes in pounds" - DJ Paul

"It's cause the weed I smoke is as purple as Grimace" - Ludacris

They keep me locked up for now...but I'll be back............:Q

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Hey - who revived this thread?!?! :p Anyway - I made it hope just in time to see the fedex guy. I had to chase him down the street, but I made it :p