Does my new monitor have clouding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

palmbar

Jun 14, 2018
Hi everyone bought an Viewsonix XG2402 monitor and I ran a test where I put a black image on my screen and the black screen shows some slightly brighter blotches like these. Should I return it?
15zfint.jpg

You already have one thread about this issue https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/does-my-new-monitor-have-clouding.2548666/.

administrator allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:

Justforcause

May 12, 2014
That is not clouding but BLB. What brightness level is that, 100%? Try to decrease it to levels you will be using your display at and then take a picture. Also take pic with 0% brightness. Also eliminate the ambient light and take pics in a completely dark room.
For now I would say is pretty bad. But it can also be the picture distortion as it is not taken by a good camera and exaggerates the BLB.

P.S.: I had this screen but had to return it as it had severe gamma shift from top to bottom. Basically top was dark blue and bottom was baby/light blue. Yes it is a TN panel but I have never seen anything like this before.

Reactions: palmbar

palmbar

Jun 14, 2018
My brightness level is %65, when I decrease the brightness level %0; a little bit reduce the white blotches. But never completely reduced. I think, this situation is very bad.

palmbar

Jun 14, 2018
That is not clouding but BLB. What brightness level is that, 100%? Try to decrease it to levels you will be using your display at and then take a picture. Also take pic with 0% brightness. Also eliminate the ambient light and take pics in a completely dark room.
For now I would say is pretty bad. But it can also be the picture distortion as it is not taken by a good camera and exaggerates the BLB.

P.S.: I had this screen but had to return it as it had severe gamma shift from top to bottom. Basically top was dark blue and bottom was baby/light blue. Yes it is a TN panel but I have never seen anything like this before.

Status
Not open for further replies.