Does my new monitor have clouding?

palmbar

Jun 14, 2018
I bought an Viewsonix XG2402 monitor and I ran a test where I put a black image on my screen and the black screen shows some slightly brighter blotches like these.I looked a monitor from normal angle, its okay. But I looked a monitor from above I see a some clouding or something like gray-black washed colour. Is that normal ??

2m5e0xe.jpg

v3dr1e.jpg

fralexandr

Platinum Member
Apr 26, 2007
www.flickr.com
Uneven splotches are pretty normal on many lcd monitors due to backlighting. The XG2402 uses a TN panel, so off angle viewing will be more washed out.

palmbar

Jun 14, 2018
Should I return this monitor? If your monitor like this Would you returned it ?

fralexandr

Platinum Member
Apr 26, 2007
www.flickr.com
Should I return this monitor? If your monitor like this Would you returned it ?
I would not return it. Do you watch completely black screens a lot? Do you watch the monitor from weird angles a lot? If you do either of these, you might want to return it, however any monitors that support 120 to 144Hz and fix these issues are EXPENSIVE.

Reactions: palmbar

palmbar

Jun 14, 2018
I would not return it. Do you watch completely black screens a lot? Do you watch the monitor from weird angles a lot? If you do either of these, you might want to return it, however any monitors that support 120 to 144Hz and fix these issues are EXPENSIVE.
Thank you. But I am very obbessed with it.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
as to the off-angle viewing...

"Doctor! It hurts when I hit my head with this ball-peen hammer!"

"Stop doing that."

"But Doctor, it hurts when I hit my head with this ball-peen hammer!"

palmbar

Jun 14, 2018
Thank you. But this is my mind sick. I take a lot of medicine for obsession.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Sorry to make light of it. I guess you have it under control then.

I was trying to just basically say that it's normal for a TN LCD monitor to look "really strange" (and basically image-inverted) when looking at it down from the top. To do that, is basically a curiousity, and there's no reason that you should have to view it that way.

The backlight bleed, on the other hand, on a black background, well, if that's excessive to you, you could probably exchange it if your retailer allows it, but chances are, the next monitor is going to be similar, and could be worse.

But if you think that it will detract you from your enjoyment of movies on it, then exchange it.

Reactions: palmbar