Does light beer have less alcohol content than it's regular counterpart?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HannibalX

Diamond Member
May 12, 2000
Light beer is popular here in the states because lots of people here are fake. Fake meaning they want to be seen drinking beer and be known as a beer drinker but not actually have to drink any real beer.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Originally posted by: Trinitron
Light beer is popular here in the states because lots of people here are fake. Fake meaning they want to be seen drinking beer and be known as a beer drinker but not actually have to drink any real beer.

No. Those are Heineken and Corona drinkers.

iamaelephant

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2004
Originally posted by: mercanucaribe
Originally posted by: Deeko
Yes, of course. Alcohol is about 7 Calories/gram, which is a higher concentation than anything but fat. If you're looking to cut the calories, how do you do it? Cut the alcohol.

I personally prefer the "ice" version of those cheap beers. If i'm drinking it, its to get drunk, not because I enjoy the taste, so why would I want to force myself to drink more of it?

No.. That's ridiculous. Your body can't use alcohol for energy. It's carbohydrates that it has less of. I have no idea why light beer has less alcohol.

Wow, you're a dipsh!t. You are 100% wrong.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: iamaelephant
Yes, of course. Alcohol is about 7 Calories/gram, which is a higher concentation than anything but fat. If you're looking to cut the calories, how do you do it? Cut the alcohol.

I personally prefer the "ice" version of those cheap beers. If i'm drinking it, its to get drunk, not because I enjoy the taste, so why would I want to force myself to drink more of it?

No.. That's ridiculous. Your body can't use alcohol for energy. It's carbohydrates that it has less of. I have no idea why light beer has less alcohol.

They are also the first to burn...causing more fat storage of excess calories.

mercanucaribe

Banned
Oct 20, 2004

I looked it up and found out I was wrong. I was going by what someone posted on ATOT a while back.
Light beers do have less carbs though. They don't just reduce the alcohol and leave everything else alone.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001

I looked it up and found out I was wrong. I was going by what someone posted on ATOT a while back.
Light beers do have less carbs though. They don't just reduce the alcohol and leave everything else alone.

iamanelephant was a bit extreme and most people don't realize this. Also as alcohol is a poison, your body will bind fats to the mess too...storing rather than burning.

Still beer is my vice, I eat mostly healthy all the time, no junk foods.