Does it matter which Radeon 9700Pro?

DARRIN

Platinum Member
Feb 25, 2000
Is the Gigabyte any better than the ATI or Sapphire? The heatsink on the Gigabyte look better and it has RAM heatsinks.

ScrewFace

Banned
Sep 21, 2002
I'd go with the one with the ram heatsinks so you could overclock it more. Other than that they're all pretty much identical

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
One thing you might want to think about is tech support. ATI has some of the best support out there...maybe takje that into consideration when buying?

WyteWatt

Banned
Jun 8, 2001
You all use tech support? I am my own tech support most of the time. Heck forums are better than any tech support. Tech support is a joke but i do know there is a few people who really know their stuff and care. So i am not leaving those people out. I appreicate all of the people like that on tech support but you can't find one like that easily because you don't know their first name or ext. number to ask for them intill you speak to them first. So you have to be lucky i guess.

ctk1981

Golden Member
Aug 17, 2001
The only time I will call up/email for actual tech support is generally when im going to send in a blown up video card or sound card.

Ahh...the good old days of calling up 3dfx because the voodoo3 ran so friggin hot it could discolor the steel on the back of the computer. Spend 1 hour on the phone with tech support, well actually ON HOLD LONG DISTANCE, then talk to a tech guy for like 3 minutes and get a RMA. On a plus note, instead of just sending me the card back or whatever, they sent me another retail boxed card....heh, go figure.

By the way, anyone looking for a Radeon 9700 in retail box Newegg as the FIC one for 325 with free shipping. So far thats the cheapest retail boxed one Ive come across.