Does Freespace 2 get anyone's spacey juices flowing?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Ape,

SS2 had unremarkable enemies. The cyborgs and bots from SS1, now thems was better enemies. I'll never forget the death sounds "blip, blop, CRUNCH!" of some of those cyborgs. :)

Just get a joystick. Then you can pickup Crimson Skies when it hits the bins in a few months. If the CS demo is only a taste of the funfactor of that title, you'll want to stuff your stomach full of the final product.

Moonbender,

Ok....I'll try again...stupid IE is randomly locking up on me today...only thing I did was switch my Intellimouse Optical from PS/2 to USB port...ok it's working now.

Shots look good though they're small...even Diablo 2 looked great in a 500x400 screenshot. :p Still the FAQ boasts some impressive items and if it has good coop play, I may attempt to get on the beta team for that one!

Killer Ape

Golden Member
Dec 29, 1999

<< If the...demo is only a taste of the funfactor of that title, you'll want to stuff your stomach full of the final product. >>

Hah! VERY nice quote JB :D!

Can I use it sometime (and claim it's mine ;)).

- Ape

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Ape,

Absolutely. I produce something quoteable about once every three months so enjoy this one as much as possible...the next one's gonna be a while. ;)

mosdef

Banned
May 14, 2000
damocles - Oh my god, Privateer was possibly the best game I ever played! I loved the idea of being a mercenary and upgrading your ship and stuff like that. Also check out Tachyon, it's similar to it.

-mosdef

JaiKnight

Feb 6, 2000
Arg, just checked the local EB, they don't have it for $10 ($15CDN), it's still selling for $40CDN for the GotY Edition!