Does Counter-Strike: Source have in-game ads?

Josh7289

Apr 19, 2005
Hmmm...Not yet? Counter-Strike 1.6 has in-game ads. Has it been announced that Counter-Strike: Source will have in-game ads or something?

Thanks.

Josh7289

Apr 19, 2005
I guess I should bump this for clarification on "Not yet."

Also, what about Condition Zero or Counter-Strike 1.5 or earlier?

Thanks!

RandomFool

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2001
www.loofmodnar.com
Source probably won't get ads until they develop a new version of CS. I don't mind the ads in 1.6 myself I can just ignore them. I don't believe that you can get 1.5 or earlier installed so you can play online anymore. Althought they did have a CS: beta 6 mod i believe.

Josh7289

Apr 19, 2005
Personally, I won't buy a game that uses dynamic in-game advertising. If it was free, yeah, I'd play, but as for Counter-Strike 1.6, it now uses in-game advertising and it's not free, so there's no way I'm going to buy a game like that.

Originally posted by: RandomFool
Althought they did have a CS: beta 6 mod i believe.

Please explain?

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
I wouldn't mind advertising in games if it was nicely integrated into the game... for example... in Grand Theft Auto 4 if there were radio advertisements for Dell while driving... or billboards with advertisements for Coke or Pepsi I'd be all for it. Add to the realism.

RandomFool

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2001
www.loofmodnar.com
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Josh7289
Personally, I won't buy a game that uses dynamic in-game advertising. If it was free, yeah, I'd play, but as for Counter-Strike 1.6, it now uses in-game advertising and it's not free, so there's no way I'm going to buy a game like that.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: RandomFool
Althought they did have a CS: beta 6 mod i believe.</end quote></div>

Please explain?</end quote></div>

Somone basically repackaged one of the orginal CS betas (either 6 or 9 I think) as a new mod. This was a while ago, it may have even been before steam came out. I don't know if it is still around or not. I never got really into it myself but it was fun to play around with.

I don't think anyone buys CS 1.6 anymore. That's why they started showing ads in game so they can at least make some money off the game.