Does connecting to TV requires a graphics card ?

SOulFUNk

Jan 13, 2017
I do not play any games or using any programs for work, but solely surfing browser and watching Youtube / Movies.

My PC is now connected to 40 inches TV instead of standard monitor. I do not intend to install Graphics card unless its necessary.

It seems workable to connect to my TV, but i afraid it might adding the burden to the motherboard / RAM / pentium processor and affecting the longevity of my hardwares.

My motherboard model is MSI (Skylake) B150M PRO-VDH(MS-7982)(U3E1).

CPU- Pentium G4400 3.3Ghz
RAM- 4gb
Window 10 64bit
Intel HD graphics 510
Very basic and cheap power supply with 500w

I rarely watch movie quality more than 720p. If i intend to watch 1080p or higher quality , do i need to make any changes ?

Back to main question , does it add any burden to hardware if without installation of graphics cards , subjected to my situation ?

If you are confidence, pls feel free to advice me.

energee

Jan 27, 2011
No. Don't worry. You can watch videos, play games (I know you said you don't play games), surf the web, or whatever else you want at the maximum supported resolution without fear of adverse consequences to the longevity of your PC's components.

My only concern -- and this has nothing to do with your choice of display or use thereof -- would be the the "[v]ery basic and cheap power supply with 500w" included in your list of parts. Can you tell us what model it is? Alternatively, if it came with your case, it might be possible to deduce from that.

Reactions: SOulFUNk

SOulFUNk

Jan 13, 2017
My only concern -- and this has nothing to do with your choice of display or use thereof -- would be the the "[v said:
ery basic and cheap power supply with 500w" included in your list of parts. Can you tell us what model it is? Alternatively, if it came with your case, it might be possible to deduce from that.

Power Logic 500w ATX power supply. it doesn't came along with case.

Last edited: