Does Bush suffer from a mental deficiency?

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
This is probably the first time i have really gotten on the "LOLOLOL BUSH IS A RETARD" bandwagon. I ignored the misprononciations, the stutters, the choking on a pretzel incident, the not knowing basic international geography, thinking brazil might not have black people, needing to script answers to questions to the press etc. etc. etc., but not knowing you have to turn on a vehicle that prevents you from tipping over and then subsequently falling over like a doofus kinda takes the cake:

http://www.prospect.org/webfeatures/2003/06/kintisch-e-06-13.html

Yesterday in Kennebunkport, Maine, President Bush managed to tip over a Segway while attempting to ride it -- despite the fact that the recently invented motorized scooters are equipped with tilt sensors and five high-tech gyroscopes, which are supposed to prevent them from tipping over. So how did Bush manage to nearly fall flat on his face? After seeing photos of the gaffe today, I tried to find out by speaking to a number of Segway enthusiasts.

The possibilities were numerous: The ground could have been slippery. Maybe Bush impatiently got on the machine before waiting the few seconds needed for the Segway to warm up. Could the battery have run out? A spirited discussion raged on the chatboards of SegwayChat.com. One Washington resident and Segway enthusiast -- who compared the Segway's effect on his life to "having kids" -- told me he would "put money" on the theory that Bush had thought the machine was in "Power Assist Mode," not the "Balance Mode" that is required to ride it.

The true explanation, it turned out, was far simpler.

"You have to turn it on," explained Segway spokeswoman Stacy Ferguson, whose office had spoken to White House officials after the incident. In all likelihood, she said, Bush "didn't see the display." (That display is green, with a smiley face, if the unit is ready to go. Maybe the president didn't see the blank screen.) The president was holding a tennis racket when he got on, so perhaps he was distracted. "We have been saying that the Segway is great on the sidewalk, but it's not meant for the tennis court," ventured Ferguson -- though the president was on a driveway.

The White House did not return a call for comment.

The "I series" Segway that the president was using was a gift from the Bush daughters to their father, Ferguson said. Earlier yesterday morning, Segway inventor Dean Kamen had delivered two Segways to Bush Senior and Barbara Bush at the compound. Luckily Kamen, among the world's most accomplished inventors, left before having to witness the most powerful man in the world fall off an idiot-proof invention.

In any event, it's now clear that Middle Eastern policy isn't the only area in which Bush can be unbalanced from time to time.

Eli Kintisch is a writer living in Washington, D.C.

Picture of the prez looking like a moron

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: Phokus
This is probably the first time i have really gotten on the "LOLOLOL BUSH IS A RETARD" bandwagon. I ignored the misprononciations, the stutters, the choking on a pretzel incident, the not knowing basic international geography, thinking brazil might not have black people, needing to script answers to questions to the press etc. etc. etc., but not knowing you have to turn on a vehicle that prevents you from tipping over and then subsequently falling over like a doofus kinda takes the cake:

http://www.prospect.org/webfeatures/2003/06/kintisch-e-06-13.html

Yesterday in Kennebunkport, Maine, President Bush managed to tip over a Segway while attempting to ride it -- despite the fact that the recently invented motorized scooters are equipped with tilt sensors and five high-tech gyroscopes, which are supposed to prevent them from tipping over. So how did Bush manage to nearly fall flat on his face? After seeing photos of the gaffe today, I tried to find out by speaking to a number of Segway enthusiasts.

The possibilities were numerous: The ground could have been slippery. Maybe Bush impatiently got on the machine before waiting the few seconds needed for the Segway to warm up. Could the battery have run out? A spirited discussion raged on the chatboards of SegwayChat.com. One Washington resident and Segway enthusiast -- who compared the Segway's effect on his life to "having kids" -- told me he would "put money" on the theory that Bush had thought the machine was in "Power Assist Mode," not the "Balance Mode" that is required to ride it.

The true explanation, it turned out, was far simpler.

"You have to turn it on," explained Segway spokeswoman Stacy Ferguson, whose office had spoken to White House officials after the incident. In all likelihood, she said, Bush "didn't see the display." (That display is green, with a smiley face, if the unit is ready to go. Maybe the president didn't see the blank screen.) The president was holding a tennis racket when he got on, so perhaps he was distracted. "We have been saying that the Segway is great on the sidewalk, but it's not meant for the tennis court," ventured Ferguson -- though the president was on a driveway.

The White House did not return a call for comment.

The "I series" Segway that the president was using was a gift from the Bush daughters to their father, Ferguson said. Earlier yesterday morning, Segway inventor Dean Kamen had delivered two Segways to Bush Senior and Barbara Bush at the compound. Luckily Kamen, among the world's most accomplished inventors, left before having to witness the most powerful man in the world fall off an idiot-proof invention.

In any event, it's now clear that Middle Eastern policy isn't the only area in which Bush can be unbalanced from time to time.

Eli Kintisch is a writer living in Washington, D.C.

Picture of the prez looking like a moron

Some writer has too much time on their hands.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001

Maybe but I would say in your case it's a definite yes. More specifically, a deficiency in nuerons. I estimate that you have two that are still living and one appears to be fading fast.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Aww, don't be hard on Phokus. They haven't found anything else to bash Bush with so they are going back to the old election ploy of saying he is dumb.

It didn't work back then and it won't work now but it's all they have.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Bush is a genius.

He says he has evidence in hand, then cannot produce it, then gets people to defend him. He has people saying that he does not lie, instead of asking where the evidence in hand is. He says one thing and then something completely different. Yet he is not lying. Why is it that when someone says two different things, and the first was done to start a war, people attack others who question it? The Proof is that he said one thing then another. They are not consistent. Yet when after I post this, someone will say prove it, or make some comment not addressing this issue. Bush is a genius.

Phuz

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2000
Originally posted by: Ultra Quiet

Maybe but I would say in your case it's a definite yes. More specifically, a deficiency in nuerons. I estimate that you have two that are still living and one appears to be fading fast.

I think he's got a few more neurons than you, UQ. Learn how to spell properly if you plan on insulting someone. Doad.

Phuz

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2000
Originally posted by: Hayabusarider
Bush is a genius.

He says he has evidence in hand, then cannot produce it, then gets people to defend him. He has people saying that he does not lie, instead of asking where the evidence in hand is. He says one thing and then something completely different. Yet he is not lying. Why is it that when someone says two different things, and the first was done to start a war, people attack others who question it? The Proof is that he said one thing then another. They are not consistent. Yet when after I post this, someone will say prove it, or make some comment not addressing this issue. Bush is a genius.

That's a whole lot better then getting a BJ and lying about it!
rolleye.gif

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I don't like picking on the mentally handicapped, but then I don't expect them to be selected for President either. The real morons are over in the Supreme Coup.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Phuz

I think he's got a few more neurons than you, UQ. Learn how to spell properly if you plan on insulting someone. Doad.

You think? What is this another joke? From where I sit it appears you two are sharing those two brain cells. Asshat.

---

You have been warned, before, about posting personal attacks. Please spend the next two weeks elsewhere, and think about showing a little more respect for your fellow members.

AnandTech Moderator

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Bowfinger

No, he seems to enjoy it. :D

hehe

Look on the bright side, if the time comes that Bush wants to launch Armaggedon, he'll likely hit the Self Destruct button before the Launch button.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
There is considerable proof to the notion that Bush the lessor is a genus. He is the genus of the Plantagenet line of sprigs... well... ok... not him but, his genetic make up is consistent with that of the genus. His inability to handle the device is due to his small shoe size and the associated lack of understanding of things mechanical. When he does have both his feet firmly planted on the earth he is unable to put his pants on, however, he is able to take root. By securing himself to the earth he finds he has a oneness with nature. It is now up to Mother Nature to disavow intimate and carnal knowledge of her being. He is a genus.

Chadder007

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: etech
Aww, don't be hard on Phokus. They haven't found anything else to bash Bush with so they are going back to the old election ploy of saying he is dumb.

It didn't work back then and it won't work now but it's all they have.

:werd:

Vadatajs

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2001

You think? What is this another joke? From where I sit it appears you two are sharing those two brain cells. Asshat.

You need a good banning.

Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: Vadatajs

You need a good banning.

You need another bran muffin.

Vadatajs

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: HeroOfPellinor

You need a good banning.

LOL, true dat.

It's just really annoying to see Ultra Quiet get his panties in a bunch whenever anybody takes a st@b at Bush. At least the other rabid conservatives here don't resort to calling people Asshats. There's a difference between so stupid you're funny, and Ultra Quiet.

EDIT: why the fvck is st@b a forbidden word???

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: HeroOfPellinor

You need a good banning.

LOL, true dat.

It's just really annoying to see Ultra Quiet get his panties in a bunch whenever anybody takes a st@b at Bush. At least the other rabid conservatives here don't resort to calling people Asshats. There's a difference between so stupid you're funny, and Ultra Quiet.

EDIT: why the fvck is st@b a forbidden word???

I dunno the details, but awhile ago(last fall/summer) it became the cool thing to say. I dunno if it had just been overused or used in too an inappropriate manner, but it became banned.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
I could while away the hours
Conferrin with the flowers
Consultin' with the rain
And my head I'd be scratchin'
While my thoughts were busy hatchin
If I only had a brain
I'd unravel every riddle
For any "individul"
In trouble or in pain
With the thoughts you'd be thinkin'
You could be another Lincoln
If you only had a brain
Oh I could tell you why
The ocean's near the shore
I could think of things I never thunk before
And then I'd sit
And think some more
I would not be just a nothin'
My head all full of stuffin'
My heart all full of pain
I would dance and be merry
Life would be a ding-a-derry
If I only had a brain
Gosh it would be awful pleasin'
To reason out the reason
For things I can't explain
Then perhaps I'll deserve 'ya
And be even worthy er've 'ya
If I only had a brain

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Forbidden words? I've not heard of that... what are forbidden words? Are they forbidden here? any examples in code of course.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
That's great Captn. Just right for the occasion.

'St@b' is banned because it was always followed by 'her'. The woman hatred, I won't use the fancy term because most here wouldn't know it, and more importantly I can't remember what it is, but it got to be really offensive. It's sad enough there are so few women posters as it is. It hardly helps seeing St@b her every post you read. Young men are under tremendous stress. They don't have a thing under there belt to point to with pride and are in intense competition to succeed. It makes them resent the things they want especially when they can't control them and instead are controlled by them. Sometimes Mommy or Daddy just have to step in and lay down the law.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Surely in the appropriate context all words should be available for use... no? I mean there are about ten context simple sentences that ought to contain the mentioned word where another word does little to paint the proper image...