Does Blockbuster still have no more late fees?

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Movies are due by noon today and I can't leave work until after noon. Do they still have no more late fees, or am I screwed?

KarmaPolice

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
yeah.

1 week rental + 2 weeks of no late fees + I believe another 2 weeks where they charge you the full price of the movie but if you return it before a month they charge you a 1 dollar restocking fee = Over a month per movie for about 1 dollar extra

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
yeah they do. they just re-named them re-stocking fees. but thats only if you are really late.

also it depends on the store.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: joshsquall
These are new releases. Hope the same rules apply.

They do.

I :heart: Blockbuster even if their selection isn't quite up to Netflix standards.

Viper GTS

TwiceOver

Lifer
Dec 20, 2002
Hrm, that's odd. My BB definately has late fees. And also the due back by noon crap.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: TwiceOver
Hrm, that's odd. My BB definately has late fees. And also the due back by noon crap.

yeap it depends on the store. they do not have to do the "no late fees" bs if they don't want to.

so some have it and some don't.

caivoma

Sep 3, 2004
I have a late fee from a DVD and i havent pay it off yet since i been using netflix. It is about 7 months now, what will happens? Should i just come in and pay it off? or wait till I come back to get another movie? (dont see it happens soon though)

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: waggy
Originally posted by: TwiceOver

yeap it depends on the store. they do not have to do the "no late fees" bs if they don't want to.

so some have it and some don't.

Yeah, a few of the non-corporate stores do that I believe.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
"Blockbuster" never got rid of late fees.

Stores owned by the corporate office and some select franchises stopped charging late fees.

Coquito

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2003
Originally posted by: KarmaPolice
yeah.

1 week rental + 2 weeks of no late fees + I believe another 2 weeks where they charge you the full price of the movie but if you return it before a month they charge you a 1 dollar restocking fee = Over a month per movie for about 1 dollar extra

Just 1 extra week for me. Two week rentals are manageable for me. It's the 9 days for new releases that seemingly finish up on a rainy day. :|

MarkW

Sep 12, 2001
Yeah, any corporate store doesn't have late fees. The majority of franchise stores do. I would just call and ask if they are a franchise or corporate.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
They dont have "late fees" anymore, but they will charge restocking fees. After a month of not returning the movie, I think you've bought the movie and have to pay for it.