Does anyone think this is going to erupt into World War 3?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NesuD

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: HappyNic
might get even more terrorist attacks in the USA because of this war.

Do you honestly think after 9/11 that the terrorists aren't already targeting us war or not?. I'm sorry try and deny it as much as you want but this is part of the war on terrorism. Saddams regime supports and promotes terrorism and unfortunately has the capacity to produce and provide them with some very horrific WMDs. After 9/11 our country made a commitment to hunt down and destroy terrorists wherever they are to be found and not just osama and Al queda. This commitment includes countries that support, supply, harbor, or in any way give aid to terrorist organizations. That would include iraq and a good many of it's neighbors. As far as i am concerned the terrorism will continues until the countries that support and promote it are crushed.

HappyNic

Oct 14, 2001
Originally posted by: NesuD
Originally posted by: HappyNic
might get even more terrorist attacks in the USA because of this war.

Do you honestly think after 9/11 that the terrorists aren't already targeting us war or not?. I'm sorry try and deny it as much as you want but this is part of the war on terrorism. Saddams regime supports and promotes terrorism and unfortunately has the capacity to produce and provide them with some very horrific WMDs. After 9/11 our country made a commitment to hunt down and destroy terrorists wherever they are to be found and not just osama and Al queda. This commitment includes countries that support, supply, harbor, or in any way give aid to terrorist organizations. That would include iraq and a good many of it's neighbors. As far as i am concerned the terrorism will continues until the countries that support and promote it are crushed.

So do you honestly think that there's not even a slight chance that Terrorist attacks will increaes? :) They already hate us, this war might make them hate us even more.

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
I don't think this will turn into world war, However once the war is done, if the US is left occupying Iraq for any length of time I predict a whole lot of suicide bombings etc, i mean let's review as to which two countries are the most hated by islamic people: 1. Israel 2. America. We already know what happens in Israel, why do we think it will be any different for the americans?

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Morph
No. But it WILL erupt into a terrorists vs. USA war like you've never seen before. Thank you George W Bush for protecting me from terrorism!

Why are you worried so much about your own hide? What have you done that the terrorists would even care about you? You are nothing, a pissant, a cockroach.

Besides, it is already a terrorists vs. USA war. So what could possibly change?

Thank you George W Bush for protecting me and my family, not to mention my country and all my fellow countrymen, from further terrorist attacks.

Eat that.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Thanks Bush for making the world hate me and want me dead just because I'm an American. Thanks for ruining the possibility of traveling the world without concern.

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Thanks Bush for making the world hate me and want me dead just because I'm an American. Thanks for ruining the possibility of traveling the world without concern.

Most of the world has hated Americans for the last forty years. If you want to travel just don't wear Burkenstocks and Levi's. Learn the language. They will love you.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: HappyPuppy
No. But it WILL erupt into a terrorists vs. USA war like you've never seen before. Thank you George W Bush for protecting me from terrorism!

Why are you worried so much about your own hide? What have you done that the terrorists would even care about you? You are nothing, a pissant, a cockroach.

Besides, it is already a terrorists vs. USA war. So what could possibly change?

Thank you George W Bush for protecting me and my family, not to mention my country and all my fellow countrymen, from further terrorist attacks.

Eat that.
Unfortunately the only thing you may be eating are your own words. You are just as arrogant as GW.

steell

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2001
Please tell me the last time anyone could travel the world without concern. I know from personal experience that it has not been possible for the last 30 years.

kleinesarschloch

Jan 18, 2003
Do you *in your heart* believe that Saddam has NEVER financially, geographically or otherwise supported Terrorists who have struck US targets?

my "heart" doesn't believe one way or the other, it's too busy pumping blood :p i don't pretend to know either way, and i have not seen any evidence to support either claim.

SoylentGreen

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2002

The german FKK clubs are now starting to allow only locals. That's what I'm pissed about.

AntaresVI

Platinum Member
May 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Kiyup

The german FKK clubs are now starting to allow only locals. That's what I'm pissed about.

Well, it's their right. Too bad we don't fall to their level by having such a self-centered worldview.

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
In a World War, by definition, the world must be at war (or at least a good part of it). Those of you who think WW3 is coming can you please tell me which countries will be warring? I'd like to know.

During WW2 the sneaky Japanese worked all the way to Australia while the Germans made runs into Russia, Britian and Africa. It was a war of territorial conquest. Do you see that arising from this conflict?

I think you'd first need to see Islamic states band together in common cause against the West.

Marshallj

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2003

They hated us looooong before Bush came to office.

Remember, the first time they tried taking down the World Trade Center was in 1993, when Clinton was in office.

Marshallj

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2003
Our political correctness will be our downfall. While the Arab world's dislike of Westerners is perfectly accepted, if an American dislikes middle easterners he is shunned by his countryman and considered a racist. They will keep picking us apart because we're not allowed to stereotype, we have to throw out our common sense and have equal suspicion for everyone. As if a Chinese woman is as likely to hijack an airliner as a middle eastern man (which would explain ALL those planes hijacked by Chinese women...)

I say use common sense FIRST, and THEN try to be nice second.

drewshin

Golden Member
Dec 14, 1999
Originally posted by: shinerburke
Yeah....we were much better off doing nothing.
rolleye.gif

well, we certainly should not have done nothing, but sending 300,000 troops to invade an occupy iraq certainly wasn't up there on the bright ideas list.

AntaresVI

Platinum Member
May 10, 2001
Originally posted by: drewshin
rolleye.gif

well, we certainly should not have done nothing, but sending 300,000 troops to invade an occupy iraq certainly wasn't up there on the bright ideas list.

::sigh:: where do you get this "occupation" crap from? A provisional gov't set up until they make their own is not "occupation," it's caretaking.

michaelh20

Sep 4, 2000
Originally posted by: drewshin
rolleye.gif

It seems to me that this seems to be headed the Vietnam direction -- we don't know who the enemy is, since they don't stand out in the open with their uniforms waiting to be shot down, hence we have to harass all the locals to figure out who is (checkpoints Israel style), locals use guerilla tactics, our forces wind up gunning down and arresting innocent people to try to stay alive --> more resentment, more suicide bomings etc.. If you look at some of the pictures it even actually looks like vietnam, sort of junglish.

I imagine if this war does stretch out and it doesn't end with a good outcome (like Iraqis dancing in the streets) we will have suicide bombers in the U.S.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Macro2
The Jihad is WW-3

The US can only survive if it becomes a savage nation.

Even the most placid of earths creatures can become fierce if provoked in the right manner... The US is populated by lots of peacefull creatures awaken to find themselves provoked and in the right manner.. Never stand in the way of a charging bull elephant... and worst of all the memory factor is now in play...