Does anyone think this is going to erupt into World War 3?

StormRider

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2000
I'm afraid that it will make the world a less safe place in the short term. I'm hoping after the war is over, we will be wise enough to do the required things that will make the world a better place for everyone.

Morph

Banned
Oct 14, 1999
No. But it WILL erupt into a terrorists vs. USA war like you've never seen before. Thank you George W Bush for protecting me from terrorism!

Jmman

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
I think it is too early to tell what will be the consequences of this war. Once Iraq is truly free from Saddam Hussein, the people of Iraq may very well be happy that they were freed. The Iraqi staterun television hasn't helped the situation though.....

And as far as WW3, I doubt it. There isn't a single military in the entire middle east that would even make a worthy opponent. Israel proved that in the 6 day war......

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
I'm just curious to find out why you all think WW3 isn't going to happen?

I mean it seems we're having a tough time in Iraq right now. I have a friend who was activated recently and is going to Iraq on Monday. He said himself that he has heard news that we aren't doing all that great out there.

Couldn't Korea just send a nuke to Isreal or some other country and boom it would be all over...

What are your thoughts?

Also, why does everyone hate Isreal?

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Morph
No. But it WILL erupt into a terrorists vs. USA war like you've never seen before. Thank you George W Bush for protecting me from terrorism!
Yeah....we were much better off doing nothing.
rolleye.gif

Mrburns2007

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Nocturnal
I'm just curious to find out why you all think WW3 isn't going to happen?

I mean it seems we're having a tough time in Iraq right now. I have a friend who was activated recently and is going to Iraq on Monday. He said himself that he has heard news that we aren't doing all that great out there.

Couldn't Korea just send a nuke to Isreal or some other country and boom it would be all over...

What are your thoughts?

Also, why does everyone hate Isreal?

They say that about every war, during the gulf war people were saying we were losing after 5 weeks of bombing. Then in Afghanistan they were complaining after only two weeks. Now were ten days into taking over an entire country and people are saying were losing cause were only 50 miles from baghdad.

People and the Press have very short memories.

Stratum9

Apr 13, 2002
Yes, I believe this is the prelude to WWIII. Things will continue to destablize even more in the Middle East and more countries will get involved until we are fighting on several different fronts across the globe. Add to this the increase in terrorism within the US.

However, I would like to point out that there seems to be this comman notion that WWIII will mean the end of the world. Many people seem to think that WWIII will be or will lead to the Armageddon that is mentioned in the Bible, and then that will be it for this planet. But I don't believe there is anything out there to suggest that we are in The Final Days. Even if nuclear weapons were to be used in the war, it will still not mean the end of the world. We may have WWIII on our hands here shortly, but just like WWI and WWII it will eventually come to an end. Afterwards the world will have certainly changed from the way it is today, but it will go on....

[REM]It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine.[/REM]

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
I wonder how many Arabs believe this War is being directed by Israel? I know it sounds stupid to us in America, but to a Middle Easterner it's what they always think.

kleinesarschloch

Jan 18, 2003
Originally posted by: dahunan
I wonder how many Arabs believe this War is being directed by Israel? I know it sounds stupid to us in America, but to a Middle Easterner it's what they always think.

i wonder how many americans think saddam hussein is directly (or partially) responsible for 9\11... i know it would probably sound stupid to an iraqi...

glugglug

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
It definately could erupt into something bigger, potentially WW3.

Jack Van Impe says that Bush is going after Saddam on his advice and predicts based on a unique bible interpretation Armageddon will begin when a new leader is appointed in the 7th year of the European Union - (I guess 2007 with the date based on when they got their own currency, otherwise this would be long past...)

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Think about all the dynamics that must occur for this to be a "World War". All the major powers must be involved. They must be on opposite sides. There must be at stake an issue so large that only force can settle it. The preceived gains must be greater than the potential losses. And there must be a nut loose on the war starting machinery.

Little ole Iraq could start a locaized general war pitting the world of Islam against the infidel... That would eliminate China, Russia, and the semi big players. A world wide Jihad could occur which would unite all the infidels against the Jihaderation except the China and Russia since they don't have the open doors as we free folks do.

So no. Not a world war... but, that is a distinction with out a differnce.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: kleinesarschloch
Originally posted by: dahunan

i wonder how many americans think saddam hussein is directly (or partially) responsible for 9\11... i know it would probably sound stupid to an iraqi...

I am just curious why Abu Nidal lived in Iraq much of his life and was killed there?

Who is Abu Nidal?

Do you *in your heart* believe that Saddam has NEVER financially, geographically or otherwise supported Terrorists who have struck US targets?

Doesn't Saddam pay $20,000 PLUS to the families whose sons or daughters are successful suicide bombers (that murder innocent Israeli citizens)?