Does anyone think the Lakers are gonna get spanked from the Playoffs?

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
??? I have a feeling they are going to get swept just like they did to San Antonio last year.

I think the Lakers just don't want it bad enough after winning three in a row straight. I think San Antonio wants it bad enough though.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
I don't know because i hate the NBA, but i hope the Lakers get swept.

DDCSpeed

Golden Member
Nov 30, 2000
I hope not... Lakers is my favorite team. Too bad Rick Fox and Devean George are out of the series. They are in for a tough fight.

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
What? I never knew they were both out. That really sucks and it will be a hardship on the Lakers. But if they can pull this off just Shaq and Kobe man they will look awesome. Rick Fox does help even if it's just a little.

snik

Jan 6, 2003
I don't think that they will be swept but looks like Phil will be going home early this year.

Marshallj

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2003
I don't follow basketball at all, but I hope the Flyers score a touchdown and send the Lakers home packing.

monk3y

Lifer
Jun 12, 2001
Don't think they're gonna get spanked... but being a spurs fan I certainly hope it'll happen :)

gump47371

Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: DDCSpeed
I hope not... Lakers is my favorite team. Too bad Rick Fox and Devean George are out of the series. They are in for a tough fight.

Rooting against the Lakers because I always root for the underdog. Even though they specifically the underdog in this series, everyone was touting that the Lakers were gonna win.

I do think that having no SF is the big reason they are down 2-0. Give them both guys, and they take it to 6-7 if not win it.

Without them, they will go down. BTW, what is the status of George? I know Fox is gone, maybe even for next year, but what about Devean?

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
The Spurs have done a great job of exposing just how bad the surrounding cast of the Lakers is now (especially without Fox and George). Kobe and Shaq are on a level all their own, but when you really have nothing around you, it's virtually impossible to beat a good solid balanced team like the Spurs. My guess is Kobe and Shaq are good enough by themselves to give the Lakers 2 games in this series, but overall the Spurs will take it...... The guy that's really been somewhat of a (bad) surprise for the Lakers has been Horry -- he's always been a good role player for them, just the guy to put a 3 point dagger into the opponent when they double Shaq or Kobe. But in this series, he's been a complete no-show.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Originally posted by: tagej
The Spurs have done a great job of exposing just how bad the surrounding cast of the Lakers is now (especially without Fox and George). Kobe and Shaq are on a level all their own, but when you really have nothing around you, it's virtually impossible to beat a good solid balanced team like the Spurs. My guess is Kobe and Shaq are good enough by themselves to give the Lakers 2 games in this series, but overall the Spurs will take it...... The guy that's really been somewhat of a (bad) surprise for the Lakers has been Horry -- he's always been a good role player for them, just the guy to put a 3 point dagger into the opponent when they double Shaq or Kobe. But in this series, he's been a complete no-show.

Exactly, couldn't have said it better myself. Though, a healthy Devean George (or even an injured one ala Game 3 last night) is a powerful presence on the floor. George has a great outside shot but can also finish strong, not to mention he?s a young player with lots of good years left. George will be key to the Lakers? winning this series now that he?s back in the starting lineup.