Does anyone make 31x31 mens jeans?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by skriefal, Dec 26, 2003.

1. skriefal

skriefal Golden Member

So it's an odd question, but I'm just about stuck and trying to avoid having to learn how to hem the things! The only 31x31 jeans I've been able to find are the "relaxed" fit Arizona brand jeans at JC Penney, but I was hoping to find regular/classic fit. Any pointers would be appreciated!

2. Evadman

Evadman Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member

Do as I did and get a sewing machine.

3. FoBoT

FoBoT No Lifer

eat enough pie and chips to fit into 32x31

4. Bryophyte

Bryophyte Lifer

Many drycleaners places have someone who can hem them for a very reasonable fee. I seem to remember it was only a few bucks.

5. Anubis

Anubis No Lifer

get a 32 waist and a belt

6. Howard

Howard Lifer

That's totally funky. Jeans should fit without a belt (whether or not they should worn as such is moot).

7. skriefal

skriefal Golden Member

After some more searching, I did finally find one place to order 31x31 jeans -- Land's End. Unfortunately this would mean ordering them rather than purchasing locally... but at least they're available. I guess it's either that or pay an alterations shop to shorten & hem 31x32s... which I might do anyway, since I'd rather have Levis.

Nah... after dropping from a 38-inch waist, that's moving in the wrong direction! Besides, 32x31 isn't easy to find either :).

8. Sukhoi

Sukhoi Elite Member

I think the length goes in 2" intervals, so see if you can fit in 31x32s.

9. KenGr

KenGr Senior member

I just checked the Levi's website and they claim to have only even sizes in length. However, I have three pairs of Levi's 505s in my closet in 31" length. The last time I bought a pair was less than 6 months ago. I don't know what's going on. Of course, my waist is bit more than 31. I've got short legs for my height. Yeah, that's it, short legs for my height.

10. skriefal

skriefal Golden Member

Levi apparently makes 31-inch lengths in sizes 30, 32, 33, 34, etc... but not for size 31. Figures!

11. Growltiger

Growltiger Golden Member

I believe Gap at least sells this waist size online. Since this is an odd size, you can order it in store and have it shipped to you for free (all full priced items ordered from Gap.com from a Gap store are shipped free). You can also order a 32 inch length and wash the jeans in hot water - they'll shrink up at 1/4 inch.