Question Does anyone here happen to have a GOLDEN FIELD N-2S case?

AnitaPeterson

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Hi folks,

I'm hoping someone here might be able to help with some information.

There are two cases by Golden Field which can presumably fit both ITX as well as some of the smallest mATX motherboards.

I know for sure that the Golden Field N1 can accomodate the particular motherboard I already have (MSI H81M-P33), since there's an Amazon review that mentions fitting this exact model in this case.

But I admit that I like the N-2S better. Unfortunately, the specs for the N-2S suggest that it has slightly less internal space than the N1. Which may indicate that the motherboard won't fit.

So I'm wondering if anyone here has any of these two cases and whether they're happy with it.
And if you have the N-2S, can you please let me know what's the clearance inside?

Cheers and thanks :)

fralexandr

Platinum Member
Apr 26, 2007
www.flickr.com
Based on the specs listed on newegg and various websites the n2s won't fit your mobo. The n2 and n1 will.

That said. Many forums list the n2s as fitting matx 22.6x18.5 cm, and the dimensions of the case suggests it could work if laid out correctly. So it could work out for you, since the h81m-p33 is 22.6x 17.3 cm
I'm not sure if there's a difference or possible naming confusion between the n2 (silver) and n2s however.

Someone else from reddit/imgur

Last edited:
Reactions: AnitaPeterson

AnitaPeterson

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
If you trust amazon, i would give it a shot, since they list mobo dimensions as 22x17

That's just it - if you look at the Amazon page you linked to, it lists two different values:

1) at the top description, right under the price, it says "MATX(210*170mm/8.3*6.7in)"
2) but lower on that page, where they show pics and detailed specs, it says "170*220mm M-ATX"

:dizzy:

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I have, I think, the Golden Field M3S, which is an ITX / mATX case, and it mentions having to use an SFX PSU hanging down in the front of the case, if you use a mATX mobo, whilst you can use a standard normal ATX PSU if you use an ITX mobo.

I used an ASRock ITX H470-ITX/ac mobo, and a Rosewill Lepton 500W 80Plus Gold semi-modular PSU.

AnitaPeterson

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Well, after checking some more reviews online, I ended up getting the N1 instead. It's got better ventilation, and I knew for sure that it would fit the motherboard. Which it did, beautifully!

I completed the build yesterday, it was a fun project to do.
I'm amazed I was able to fit a Gamaxx 200T in there, with room to spare.