does anyone get random bloody noses?

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
Yeah, a few nights ago I was laying in bed at around 2:30am with my head to the side. All of a sudden i get this surge of wetness in my nose, and instinctively face the ceiling, for fear of bloodying my pillow. I hate when it happens, though. I did get a bloody nose when I was asleep once; smeared blood all over my cheek. Gross.

shocksyde

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2001
I used to get them all the time. I eventually figured out that if the humidity in the air was low enough my nose would bleed several times a day. I now live in a basement apartment and it no longer happens anymore. I'm one person who actually LIKES musty basements now.

ChaoZ

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Aflac
Yeah, a few nights ago I was laying in bed at around 2:30am with my head to the side. All of a sudden i get this surge of wetness in my nose, and instinctively face the ceiling, for fear of bloodying my pillow. I hate when it happens, though. I did get a bloody nose when I was asleep once; smeared blood all over my cheek. Gross.

That happened to me twice. It sucked.

holden j caufield

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 1999
probably true. I go surfing and maybe the saltwater does it to me and dries out my nasal passage. more water it is

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
I got one yesterday while I was sleeping (face up). I woke up because I kept gurgling on my own pool of coagulated blood in my nasal passage.

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
Yeah.

Seems to be really random though.

I won't have one for months, & then i'll be having them every day or so.

Could be dryness in the air i suppose, but i'm not sure that's it...

Generally though i do have to touch my nose to get them started, like say i'm washing my face, etc.

Sometimes they are just outta nowhere though.

Murphy Durphy

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2003
One time I was riding the bus, about 5th grade or so, and I hear this commotion right behind me. I turn around and look, and in the seat behind me sat the most terrified kid I've ever seen.

He was just looking at me in shock, holding a trumpet or something, and there was blood EVERYWHERE. All down his face, his hands, and in his shirt where he was holding it out to pool the blood pouring from his nose. It looked like someone shot him in the face. Apparently he had gotten a nose bleed and it had started coming out so fast he wasn't able to tell anyone or something.. ehh I really don't know what the fvck was going on there.

Definitely one of the weirdest things I've ever seen though.

AgentJean

Banned
Jun 7, 2006
Originally posted by: Murphy Durphy
One time I was riding the bus, about 5th grade or so, and I hear this commotion right behind me. I turn around and look, and in the seat behind me sat the most terrified kid I've ever seen.

He was just looking at me in shock, holding a trumpet or something, and there was blood EVERYWHERE. All down his face, his hands, and in his shirt where he was holding it out to pool the blood pouring from his nose. It looked like someone shot him in the face. Apparently he had gotten a nose bleed and it had started coming out so fast he wasn't able to tell anyone or something.. ehh I really don't know what the fvck was going on there.

Definitely one of the weirdest things I've ever seen though.

Sounds like he blew an artery or something.

Or maybe he's an Otkau and saw 2 hot girls making out or something :p (a anime referance)

OVerLoRDI

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
I don't seem to get them randomly. Although usually during the summer when it is very dry here, I am more prone to them if I am blowing my nose. It seems like something you tend to grow out of though. I had a friend who would get them randomly pretty regularily in Elementary/Junior High, but now in high school it never seems to happen.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
i used to.
but then then i had surgery on my nose (not because of the bloody nose). the doctor said to use a Seline spray every few hours. that has seemed to do the trick.

killface

Golden Member
Aug 17, 2001
Originally posted by: AgentJean
Stop snorting coke . :p
It's funny... I've packed my nose with stuff much more caustic than coke, but I've only gotten 1 or 2 nosebleeds in the last few years. Mostly during the fall. I never heard about the drinking water thing as related to nose bleeds. I'll have to keep this in mind.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
ONE MORNING LAST MONTH, I WOKE UP WITH A BLOODY NOSE...IT LASTED FOR ALL OF A MINUTE BUT IT STILL RUINED MY SHEETS

ALRIGHT?

FIRST TIME IN AT LEAST 15 YEARS THAT I CAN REMEMBER GETTING ONE. I GOT A FEW ODD LOOKS WHEN I TURNED IN MY LAUNDRY AND TOLD THE GUY "WOAH WOAH. YOU DON'T WANT TO TOUCH THAT AS THERE'S A LOT OF BLOOD IN THERE"