Does anyone else suffer from cold sores? :(

imported_Tomato

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2002
Whenever I bite my lip, I get a really painful sore. Does anyone else suffer from this, and what can I do to lessen the pain or boost my immune system to heal faster or to keep the sores from being so severe? Thanks.

Peace,
Dezign

EDIT: I've had them ever since I was a kid. :(

gogeeta13

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
YOU HAVE HERPES TYPE 1!!!! IF YOU COMMIT *COUGH* ON YOUR BF/GF THEN THEY WILL HAVE GENITOLS HERPES. BEWARE! STAY OUT THE BUSHES!

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: gogeeta13
YOU HAVE HERPES TYPE 1!!!! IF YOU COMMIT *COUGH* ON YOUR BF/GF THEN THEY WILL HAVE GENITOLS HERPES. BEWARE! STAY OUT THE BUSHES!

Doesn't pretty much everyone have type-1 herpes, ie, cold sores?

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Dezign
Whenever I bite my lip, I get a really painful sore. Does anyone else suffer from this, and what can I do to lessen the pain or boost my immune system to heal faster or to keep the sores from being so severe? Thanks.

Peace,
Dezign

What you're talking about isn't a cold sore. I do it sometimes too. It's just a boo boo - no different then when you get a scrape on your hand. It just so happens that this one is in your mouth and rubs on your teeth all the time. There is really nothing you can do to make it heal faster - it'll just heal like any other sore. Everybody does this at one point or another.

snooker

Platinum Member
Apr 13, 2001
Originally posted by: X-Man
Originally posted by: gogeeta13

Doesn't pretty much everyone have type-1 herpes, ie, cold sores?

I searched google and from the looks of it, yup everyone who gets cold sores fopr whatever reasons has type-1 herpes

I guess I do too, because during the winter time, the corners of my mouth crack sometimes and forms a very painful cold sore there. Only during the winter, and a cold one too (I'm in FL so cold to me is 50 degrees and very cold is under 40 ;) )

EDIT: Forgot to mention, use Arm and Hammer Baking Soda on it. Do that for a day or 2 and it will be gone in no time. ;)

Do not ask me if it stings though. I will take the fifth :)

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Ya think unsanitary dental enviro.might be giving away free cold scores??

imported_Tomato

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2002
Thanks for the info, DougK62 and EonBlue. Sucks, but I guess I'll just have to be more careful when I chew.

Is there a difference between cold sores and canker sores?

Peace,
Dezign

LeStEr

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 1999
Most of the stuff you get at a drug store will only help the pain but not the healing process. Anyhow most of the stuff works quite well.

PrincessGuard

Golden Member
Feb 5, 2001
Canker sores are small ulcers (holes) in the soft tissue of your mouth (e.g. gums). They are most likely caused by stress or physical trauma to your mouth and seem to be unrelated to any disease.

Cold sores are fluid-filled blisters caused by Herpes-I. They usually appear on the outside of the mouth on the lips and are very contageous.

So if you have a blister, you have Herpes. If you have an ulcer, you just need to watch your diet and oral hygiene.

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Dezign

Peace,
Dezign

this happens to my dad, he ended up going to his dr. and they gave him this tiny little bottle of gel that you put on it, clears them up in a night.