Does ANYONE actually like Applebees?

mattocs

Platinum Member
Jan 25, 2005
The food is so-so. I would never go there is there was other stuff available. I don't know of anyone who enjoys Applebees food.

Do you or anyone you know enjoy it?

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Yes, I rather like their food.

Santa Fe chicken salad, to be precise.

What "other stuff" are you speaking of and is it comparable in price?

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Their desserts are good, anyway!

They seem to make good salads too, but I'm not much of a salad guy.

Now that IHOP is buying them, I wonder when they'll start offering breakfast?

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: ultimatebob
Their desserts are good, anyway!

They seem to make good salads too, but I'm not much of a salad guy.

Now that IHOP is buying them, I wonder when they'll start offering breakfast?

Oh God!

Now IHOP, on the other-hand, should burn to the freakin' ground. :Disgust;

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
Has anyone noticed that Chilis and Applebees are identical establishments? Same building design, same seating, same menus, same damn window awnings ...

I say that Chilis is definitely better than Applebees. Applebees serves cold food, stale chips, and undercooked french fries. Chilis serves pretty good chili and great chips and salsa.

paulney

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2003
If there's nothing else in the vicinity, I'll go there, but I'd rather eat elsewhere.
I found they turn regular food into something crappy by using weird sauces and spices. The sides to the main dish also suck.

elmro

Dec 4, 2005
The steak with blue cheese on it, while a good idea in theory, not so good in execution.

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Safeway
Has anyone noticed that Chilis and Applebees are identical establishments? Same building design, same seating, same menus, same damn window awnings ...

I say that Chilis is definitely better than Applebees. Applebees serves cold food, stale chips, and undercooked french fries. Chilis serves pretty good chili and great chips and salsa.

Interesting...

Around here the buildings are different.

Quality-wise I rank them the same. Affordable, edible food that's usually on the high side of average (IMO).

I wonder if it varies by region.

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
I like the atmosphere, on sundays after football games the bar is good and the food is good enough.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
I like Applebees, but I prefer Chili's for the bottomless chips and salsa. And I prefer Friday's for the mozzarella sticks.

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
The only reason I go to Applebees is because the waitresses there are EASILY the hottest around. By a LONG shot.

xanis

Lifer
Sep 11, 2005
I'm from a pretty small town and Applebees is one of the only decent restraunts. There are about 3 other reasonably-priced local places besides Applbees so my choices are kind of limited. I like the food a lot but it's nothing too spectacular.

neutralizer

Lifer
Oct 4, 2001
Originally posted by: GuideBot
The only reason I go to Applebees is because the waitresses there are EASILY the hottest around. By a LONG shot.

Why not go to Hooters then? At least you can enjoy the wings and the view.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Just think, soon you'll be able to order 20+ types of pancakes form them too.