Does anyone actually believe Trump will build the wall?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RichUK

Lifer
Feb 14, 2005
I hope he tries to get Mexico to pay for it. That would be hilarious.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I think we have about 71 days until Trump's soon-to-be famous "the wall is a metaphor" speech...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
A big wall as the one Israel has? Not no, but hell no. Budget for border will go up, more agents will be hire, the current physical wall will be taken care off/maint./stronger, that would be all.

imported_Jid

Jan 3, 2009
Looking from the outside in I'm supposed to be disappointed by this populist con man winning the presidency of one of the most important and also dangerous nations on earth. However, I know Clinton winning might be even worse in that the next whack job after her would have even stronger support to do who knows what. Instead this guy is very likely to disappoint a lot of people when he fails to deliver. Hopefully after that some of the more hard headed will be more inclined to support a Bernie Sanders type who is interested in reforming American politics into something more resembling of a proper democracy.

As for the wall I've heard of, LOL. It better have 50 ft of the toughest foundation imaginable, though the tunnels will probably just go a few feet below that and simply cost migrants even more to make their way across them.

Interesting times, hopefully things don't go too wrong over the next 4-8 years. Good luck to all directly and indirectly affected by this madness

Yakk

Golden Member
May 28, 2016
Trump can build an economic wall very quickly with both Mexico and Canada at the same time if he does follow through and cancel NAFTA.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
I expect a wall proposal, but the bigger question is will congress (a lot paid for by corporations who utilize that cheap illegal labor) approve the funding? All Trump has to do is try to send it through Congress and he's done what he promised whether it goes through or not (not on him).