Does Ab-Tronic work?

Gomce

Dec 4, 2000
I am watching this TV shopping ad about some product uptronic that is used for the abdominal muscles, based on a principle of sending electrical impulses (although it souds fishy to me cause in order an impuls to work on a muscle it has to be conected to the muscle via a motor neurone and on the end of the neuron acetyle holine is being made and the muscle contracts?)

Can anyone tell me if this works of the ads are bull?

Thanks

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Repost of a repost x 100

The answer every time? NO.
Every consumer agency has tried them and found they do nothing more than give you burns.

There are industrial ones that doctors use for rehab, but those are only for short periods of time for rehabilitation.

udonoogen

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2001
i have the ab energizer. hurts like the dickens. stopped using it after the third day. stupid shocks kept me awake while studying but it wasn't worth the pain

and no i didn't buy it. it was a gift. i think it was a hint. =) too much time on anandtech eating MEAT. hahaha. right. had to work that in somehow. read my other thread on meat, cheese, and corn. =P

txgixer

Jun 12, 2002
There are/were several law suits pending against those devices as they do not work.

udonoogen

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2001
ab energizer is appealing that i believe. but seriously, anyone that shocks themselves diligently everyday for "six weeks" or whatever to lose that flab has got enough discipline to go out and run.

Shagger

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2001
I have been taking the pills for a longer jimmy and I am up to 13" now, I am also taking the pills for bigger boobs and now have a 38DD chest. Of course this stuff works..........;)

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Shagger
I have been taking the pills for a longer jimmy and I am up to 13" now, I am also taking the pills for bigger boobs and now have a 38DD chest. Of course this stuff works..........;)

:Q

There are websites and clubs for people like you.

LuNoTiCK

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Zakath15
Originally posted by: Shagger

:Q

There are websites and clubs for people like you.

You mean freaks?