Does a paper with smaller than college ruling exist? NEW: WHERE CAN I FIND CHEAP NARROW RULED PAPER?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phatj

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2003
you know... it goes "wide", then "college" -- is there anything smaller than college? If so, what is it called, and where can I purchase it? THanks.

editSo, i know now it is called Narrow Ruled. Where can I buy this cheap? Thanks! Omax has it for $2.50 for 100 sheets. What a rip!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003
you have to go to those art specialty stores. Sometimes its called engineers paper or something like that. I saw one with nice fine spacing on one side, and graph paper on the back.

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I've got an program that lets you make your own grid paper and control the spacing between lines. I think it's possible to turn off the vertical lines so that it's similar to normal college rule paper.

Dubb

Platinum Member
Mar 25, 2003
narrow ruled. it's pretty easy to find at Omax, staples, etc.

I :heart: narrow ruled. used it exclusively in college.

neutralizer

Lifer
Oct 4, 2001
College rule is small enough, I hate how so many notebooks are wide ruled. The lines are ridiculously large.

fbrdphreak

Lifer
Apr 17, 2004
um, wrong forum, and wait till late July/August
places that do have it might sell it cheaper as they do with all other types of paper

and wtf do u use paper for? paper is for old people foo

HonkeyDonk

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2001
Originally posted by: phatj
you know... it goes "wide", then "college" -- is there anything smaller than college? If so, what is it called, and where can I purchase it? THanks.

editSo, i know now it is called Narrow Ruled. Where can I buy this cheap? Thanks! Omax has it for $2.50 for 100 sheets. What a rip!

Just eat out one time less each month and you will save enough money to buy 2-3 packs of this stuff.

jaceyzen

May 24, 2014
Medium ruled (or College ruled) paper has 9/32 in (7.1 mm) spacing between horizontal lines

Narrow ruled paper has 1/4 in (6.35 mm).

I prefer narrow ruled paper because i write small too.
its kinda hard to find, but i usually find it with the hard cover journal's type section. Medium ruled or commonly known as college ruled paper is not narrow enough for me.

---

Hi,

Welcome to AnandTech Forums. One of our moderators locked the thread because the previous reply was almost nine years ago.

Our members refer to such posts as "necro" posts, and some of them tend to post replies ranging from sarcastic to hostile, including possible accusations of spamming, whether warranted or not.

You are welcome to continue posting on our forums. Thanks for understanding. We hope you enjoy yourself on our forums. :)

Harvey
Senior AnandTech Moderator/Administrator

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Try unlined paper for a while. I switched over because of my differential equations class, and it's all I use now. It's especially great for math and science classes where things don't always fall on the same line or where you need to diagram things.

Status
Not open for further replies.