Does a better guitar riff exist?

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
OMG that was the worst I have ever heard and love the skull mask.....NOT.
Give me some Metallica Bass solo take one, ?(Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth?, PLEASE.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
That was aweful.

Even new Metallica riffs > that.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I saw S.O.D. live back in the day. That's "Sargent D" off their "Speak English or Die" album. I have it on cassette somewhere. Anyone recognize guitarist Scott Ian who later moved on to Anthrax? Billy Milano wrote most of the lyrics for S.O.D., and (after Ian went to Anthrax) he went on to do the hilariously politically-incorrect M.O.D. album, with songs like "Bubble Butt," and "Anal Inflicted Death Sentence," etc.

"He'll make you wish that you didn't exist, 'cause Sargent D is comin' and you're on his list." :)

edit: I wouldn't call it the best riff ever though...

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Originally posted by: rayray2

Yes, too many to count.

That is not even a riff, it's just a bunch of repetitious power chords.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Squisher
Originally posted by: rayray2

Yes, too many to count.

That is not even a riff, it's just a bunch of repetitious power chords.

That is absolutely classic thrash metal. It might be a low form of art, but a higher form of it scarcely exists.

grohl

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2004
I didn't think the lead singer was going to make it out of that mess.

Dragoon42

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2000
dude seriously, do you listen to crawling in my skin and wish your lawn was as emo as you? That was the worst riff ever

troytime

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2006
Originally posted by: Vic
I saw S.O.D. live back in the day. That's "Sargent D" off their "Speak English or Die" album. I have it on cassette somewhere. Anyone recognize guitarist Scott Ian who later moved on to Anthrax? Billy Milano wrote most of the lyrics for S.O.D., and (after Ian went to Anthrax) he went on to do the hilariously politically-incorrect M.O.D. album, with songs like "Bubble Butt," and "Anal Inflicted Death Sentence," etc.

"He'll make you wish that you didn't exist, 'cause Sargent D is comin' and you're on his list." :)

edit: I wouldn't call it the best riff ever though...

anthrax came first