Question DocuCentre-V C2263 how to find its ip address

zillah2004

Jul 2, 2012
Dear Experts

I posted this question on printing forums since Nov 12 but I haven't got answer yet

At work we have got Xerox DocuCentre-V C2263. Initially my laptop was connecting to the printer and I was able to print, and the printer ip address was 192.168.3.22

Recently we moved the office to a different building and my laptop lost connection to the printer.
Initial troubleshooting to check the printer ip address because I couldn't ping the previous address 192.168.3.22

I tried to check the printer ip address V4 but I failed to find it, I guess I found only ip v6, please see attached photos

Thanks

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
No one in the same building using the same printer can help? No IT guys?

Driver/Utility can't find it? Go to the printer and find out?

SamirD

Golden Member
Jun 12, 2019
www.huntsvillecarscene.com
I've got several network printers by Brother, so I know what to look for but not on your particular model.

There's 2 ways to figure out the IP address--one is by checking the device that's issuing the IP address and checking what IP is being assigned to the printer.

The other way is somewhere on the printer itself. This is usually in some sort of 'status' menu or 'configuration' menu that deals with the network connection. Hopefully this is enough to point you in the right direction.

zillah2004

Jul 2, 2012
Thanks Samir
one is by checking the device that's issuing the IP address and checking what IP is being assigned to the printer.
Printer used to have static ip address not DHCP

The other way is somewhere on the printer itself. This is usually in some sort of 'status' menu or 'configuration' menu that deals with the network connection.
This is the reason I posted the question here with snapshots I had in past couple of network printers and I was able to find their ip addresses but I failed with this one

SamirD

Golden Member
Jun 12, 2019
www.huntsvillecarscene.com
You're welcome.

If it had a static before and you can't find it, something has changed either on the network (conflict?) or the address has changed.

You'll need to login as admin then if that's what the video shows. Otherwise, there may be com sort of application that will find the printer?