Docking/Synching

BigAl3du

Feb 27, 2000
Hi All,

I just bought a laptop and already have an existing desktop. I know this setup is possible somehow, but here's what I would like to do:

My desktop is already configured for Outlook, Quicken, etc... and I want my laptop to access the same files so they are both updated with the same emails and information.

However, I want my laptop to be the same as my desktop for those files, but not only on a network, I would like to be able to go to the cabin or somewhere without net access, change these files, then return home and sync the two together again. What would be my best option? Do I need some hardware or can this be done readily with a network and some specific software?

Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks!

Anubis08

Aug 24, 2004
If you use the same internet connection for both at home, just log in with both at seperate times and they will obtain the same info. just each will have to download it if you do not wish to transfer one from the otehr. As far as changing data on one or the other, all you should have to do at most is just connect them on a network or email the changes to yourself to get them on the other comp.

Anubis08

Aug 24, 2004
Sorry, did not read well. My previous reply only is for emails. You should be able to access everything on either computer from either computer on a network if you want to set one up though, and just impor the files off your desktop to your laptop before you leave so you can modify the files from its HDD.

BigAl3du

Feb 27, 2000
Alright, but I'm looking for somethign to update everything.

Money is not an issue here, shoot away...