Do your McDonald charge for sauce?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
Besides the 1 to 3 packets you get with nuggets or strips does your McDonald charge for sauce like ranch or sweet and sour. The ones here charge 50 cents each, kind of a rip off. Even extra ketchup isn't free, 50 cents for that too. Stupid.

Repost of his own thread.
admin allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Not that I am a frequent McD's customer, but I have never seen anyone charged for a reasonable number of ketchup packets. I have seen people charged for ranch when it doesn't come with any item they ordered (for example, asking for ranch when they ordered a burger and fries).

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
Not that I am a frequent McD's customer, but I have never seen anyone charged for a reasonable number of ketchup packets. I have seen people charged for ranch when it doesn't come with any item they ordered (for example, asking for ranch when they ordered a burger and fries).

Here they usually give 2 or 3 for each item, if you ask for more then they start charging.

swanysto

Golden Member
May 8, 2005
I have seen them charge for extra nugget sauces, but I have never seen them charge for ketchup. Maybe it is decided by store or region.

Leopardos

Jul 15, 2009
Not here (israel)...
but they charge In Cyprus Ayia napa or Bulgaria (Varna) , i cant remmber which one exactly, it was before 2-4 years...

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
Or local one will charge if you want to buy the sauce separately. It was only like 35 cents for a packet of the sweet - sour-sauce. The wife will like to buy extra to keep them on-hand since or youngest child loves the sweet - sour sauce. Sometimes the wife gets a happy meal with the chicken nuggets and we get home and they forget the sauce so we hear about it from or youngest. So it is just easier to pay a couple of dollars and keep some extra sauces in stock at home in-case they forget.

Northern Lawn

Platinum Member
May 15, 2008
Here they used to give free water, my employee would order one. but then they switched to bottle water lol. Smart move.

Oct 20, 2005
Charging for sauce packets sucks ass. In my area, it's hit or miss, some do and some don't. Usually the ones who do charge will have a sign up saying you X # of packets with nuggets and anything else is .35 or so each.

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
Besides the 1 to 3 packets you get with nuggets or strips does your McDonald charge for sauce like ranch or sweet and sour. The ones here charge 50 cents each, kind of a rip off. Even extra ketchup isn't free, 50 cents for that too. Stupid.

They charge for extras or ones that do not come with the meal.

Do your McDonald charge for sauce?

o_O

MotionMan

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Go to any ghetto fast food place and expect to see not even napkins out.

The poor are evil.

darkxshade

Lifer
Mar 31, 2001
I understand if they charged extra for packaged sauces but not ketchup. I don't eat fast food anymore but when I did when I was young, it was the reason I liked places like Wendys where you just pump ketchup into a small paper cup.

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
All the ones that I've ever gone too didn't charge for sauce. Sure they were sometimes stingy, and you had to keep asking for more sauce, but they didn't charge for it.

However I just moved, and the nearest mcdonalds charges 25 or 50 cents (can't remember) for any more sauce above the default amount. 2 for 10 nuggets, 3 for twenty. Great math :p

I don't really eat McDonalds though so it doesn't effect me.

Also some places charge for big mac sauce on the mcdouble, while others don't.

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
I just went to Mc-D's drive-through for lunch today. They always up-sell an apple pie, which I always turn down (I hate ALL such up-sells).

Today, she says, "Would you like a free apple pie." I instinctively said, "No", but shay says, "It's free, really. Free.". I catch myself and say, "Sure, give me a free apple pie"

I guess the apple pies are not selling that well, even with the up-sell.

MotionMan

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
I just went to Mc-D's drive-through for lunch today. They always up-sell an apple pie, which I always turn down (I hate ALL such up-sells).

Today, she says, "Would you like a free apple pie." I instinctively said, "No", but shay says, "It's free, really. Free.". I catch myself and say, "Sure, give me a free apple pie"

MotionMan

aw man

I like the apple pie. Not enough to buy them, but I would be happy to get a free one.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001

MotionMan

She was hoping you'd not come back so soon. ;)

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001

MotionMan

They no longer sell them 2 for $1, hence fewer people buy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.