Do your cats lick plastic?

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
My cats will lick any plastic bag or wrapper laying around the house.

Is this normal? :)

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
hmmmmmm so many ways i can go with this one. i'll leave ya alone this time....:D

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
My cat licks butter too. We have to hide it. If I'm sleeping and she wants my attention, she'll jump up on my chest, paw at my chin, then start licking my eyelid <-- that hurts.

nik

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Yes, all my cats have chewed on plastic. I don't know what it is about it, but it's annoying.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001

<< My cats will lick any plastic bag or wrapper laying around the house.

>>

No!...wait...yes!...no wait....maybe.......:pseriously, just make sure they don't swallow any because it can cause a bowel obstruction and result in death or a very big vet bill ;)

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
no, but she likes to sleep on my case logic cd caddy

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
dip the plastic slightly in water and put it in a electric socket. next time she licks it itll be her last. hopefully the shock will cause her to never want to lick anything plastic again.

im j/k

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000

<< dip the plastic slightly in water and put it in a electric socket. next time she licks it itll be her last. hopefully the shock will cause her to never want to lick anything plastic again.

im j/k
>>

Unless she figures out what gave her the shock and then gets addicted to licking the power socket. :p

nik

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

<<

<< My cats will lick any plastic bag or wrapper laying around the house.

>>

No!...wait...yes!...no wait....maybe.......:pseriously, just make sure they don't swallow any because it can cause a bowel obstruction and result in death or a very big vet bill ;)
>>

One of my cats would eat plastic all the time, but she'd throw it right back up. Yum.

She REALLY loved X-mas tree icicles. She didn't throw those up, she'd sh!t them out... half way. Do you know how damn funny it is to see a cat running around with a silver strand of mylar hanging halfway out of it's ass?

Yum. :disgust:

Hossenfeffer

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000

<< Do you know how damn funny it is to see a cat running around with a silver strand of mylar hanging halfway out of it's ass? >>

One of my cats (a siamese) did the same thing and me peein' myself.

aphex

Jul 19, 2001

<<

<< Do you know how damn funny it is to see a cat running around with a silver strand of mylar hanging halfway out of it's ass? >>

>>

hahahaha, i had a cat do the same thing after eating a shiny 10" strand from a bouncy ball toy. She got the name 'party girl' :D

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001

<<

<<

>>

hahahaha, i had a cat do the same thing after eating a shiny 10" strand from a bouncy ball toy. She got the name 'party girl' :D
>>

Yea it's gross when you can see the string hanging out of the pussy. :Q

:eek:

aphex

Jul 19, 2001

<<

<<

<<

>>

>>

Yea it's gross when you can see the string hanging out of the pussy. :Q

:eek:
>>

bahahahahahahahah, nasty.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
My cat doesn't lick plastic.......however she loves to lick photographs.......don't understand that at all. She doesn't eat them, just licks them.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
My understanding is that somewhere in the manufacture of these products rendered animal fat is used and that is what attracts some cats to licking plastic bags.

jaeger66

Banned
Jan 1, 2001
One of ours not only chews it but eats it at every opportunity. His favorite food though is rubber bands, we can't have any in the house.
Actually he'll eat pretty much any foreign object that will fit in his mouth.