Do you write your entire message in the Subject line?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
So... When I send out an email with the title "Lunch?" and the body is composed entirely of my default signature as well as a repeat of the word lunch, do you get angry?

nweaver

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2001
For short stuff, it's ok, but if we do it, we EOM (end of message) it. It's not abused here either. More like a

Subject: Home sick today 1/22/07 <EOM>

2Xtreme21

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2004
If it's a message something like "Call me when you get a chance," what should the subject be?

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: 2Xtreme21
If it's a message something like "Call me when you get a chance," what should the subject be?
That should be your subject, and in the body you should say why. I hate it when people email me to call them with no mention of why, when I could probably answer their question via email in 5 seconds.
Originally posted by: nweaver
For short stuff, it's ok, but if we do it, we EOM (end of message) it. It's not abused here either. More like a

Subject: Home sick today 1/22/07 <EOM>
On a tangent, this reminds me of another annoyance of mine. We have a public calendar that my boss has encouraged everyone to use. I religiously plan out my schedule on it every morning, and update as the day goes by. What does he do? He sends out half a dozen emails throughout the day updating everyone on what he is doing. Or some days, he doesn't let anyone know by any means whatsoever (like today). I haven't seen a calendar entry by him since the first day we set it up. My favorite is when he emails me to ask what I'm doing or if I'll be in the office that day...um, it's right there on the calendar.