Do you wear shoes around in the house

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Do you wear shoes around in the house?

• Total voters

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
In all seriousness though, I've never really had a truly comfortable pair of shoes, so I always take them off as soon as possible.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I take them off for MY comfort, no other reason needed.

Pretty much the same with my cloths.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Generally no. Not because I'm a clean-freak tho, but because I have plush carpeting in weird places, like the entry stairs. Picks up dirty like crazy :p

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
I think it's absurd that 'white people' who don't take off shoes are limited to only few chairs for seating in the entire house.

No shoes = CLEAN ASS FLOOR = MORE LIVING SPACE

We bought this uber plush low-profile sectional. It feels amazing. And I got a comfy big rug underneath.
1. The sectional is super comfy, you can fall asleep on it.
2. The floor-covering rug surrounding it is so comfy and CLEAN, you can fall asleep on it.
3. You can comfortably sit on the sectional or sit on thecomfy rug while using the sectional as an surprisingly comfy arm/shouder-rest.
4. On weekends, we have a big livingroom sleeping arrangement on the floor which is fun for the kids. Often it's more comfortable to sleep and roll everywhere on the clean rug/floor + tons of blankets.

Why would you wear shoes inside and live in your precious home that much less intimately?

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
I have 3 dogs.....now ask again whether it makes one iota of difference if I change shoes/take off shoes when I come inside.

I do have specific footwear for yard work that is never worn in the house, but otherwise, meh. If it's wet outside, they get changed. If I've had my boots on long enough, they come off in preference to a set of mocs. Otherwise, dogs makes the question moot.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
I think it's absurd that 'white people' who don't take off shoes are limited to only few chairs for seating in the entire house.

No shoes = CLEAN ASS FLOOR = MORE LIVING SPACE

We bought this uber plush low-profile sectional. It feels amazing. And I got a comfy big rug underneath.
1. The sectional is super comfy, you can fall asleep on it.
2. The floor-covering rug surrounding it is so comfy and CLEAN, you can fall asleep on it.
3. You can comfortably sit on the sectional or sit on thecomfy rug while using the sectional as an surprisingly comfy arm/shouder-rest.
4. On weekends, we have a big livingroom sleeping arrangement on the floor which is fun for the kids. Often it's more comfortable to sleep and roll everywhere on the clean rug/floor + tons of blankets.

Why would you wear shoes inside and live in your precious home that much less intimately?

Link to the sectional (and rug?) I've been wanting to replace my 10 year old couches.

chitwood

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2008
I don't have great circulation, and my feet are usually cold.
Therefore, I have shoes on while I am in the house.
However, they are my 'inside' shoes that never step foot outside. So they are basically slippers... except they're shoes. I'm not a slippers guy.

I'm a rare breed that is more comfortable with shoes on.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
anyone sleep with their shoes on?

I did that when in HS. Get home from playing some outside football. Plop right into bed dirty as heck.

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
And expose my socks or bare feet to the carpet where there could be who knows what germs on it? Nah, the shoes or sandals stay on. I don't vacuum very much even though the Dyson cordless powerful vacuum device is easily reached on an open shelf and fully charged. I'm just to lazy to pick it up and hit the on button and point to the carpet.

Gazmitch

Sep 9, 2018
And expose my socks or bare feet to the carpet where there could be who knows what germs on it? Nah, the shoes or sandals stay on. I don't vacuum very much even though the Dyson cordless powerful vacuum device is easily reached on an open shelf and fully charged. I'm just to lazy to pick it up and hit the on button and point to the carpet.
The Dyson is the one most people would advise but for your delicate carpets/rugs which can be a be prone to get damaged, which can be expensive as you mentioned this review may help https://www.vacuumkoo.com/best-vacuum-for-wool-carpet/

I have berber carpet in my main living area and that’s can be a pain vacuuming at time and again try this site https://www.vacuumkoo.com/best-vacuum-for-berber-carpet/ found to be helpful in choosing the right one for you needs. hope this helps.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
I wear cycling shoes in the car, the train, ride my bike the final miles to/from the train. At work they come off and I have boots there.
The shoes come off when I get home, but I may be in and out with the house shoes so Meh.

Plar

Aug 6, 2018
Of course, I'm shooting. I like to walk on carpets. It's gently nice and get a massage)

Asmodeus

Jun 26, 2017
I usually wear shoes at home. This helps me avoid stubbing my toes, getting a stray spider bite from one that decided to creep in, and getting my feet dirty. I also always wear socks to bed. My feet get cold and I just feel naked without them.