Do you trust online banking?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
I use online banking, PayPal all that shit. I trust it. Multi-factor authentication would help though. I would invest in gold. Not gold shit stock, but real gold coins or bars. Get a fire prof safe. The rest would go into a Cayman account. I would also read Suze orman's book. LOL

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I've always used online banking. The slightly higher risk is worth the convenience. I imagine banks have pretty tight security and the odds of a breach are very slim, and if it happened where they got a massive breach they'd probably have to refund/fix the situation. Also have to be smart about it such as not use that password for anything else. I have a super complex password that is encrypted in my password database and I don't use it for anything else.

TBH I'm more worried about the fact that the government can see everything I do online, than if a hacker managed to hack a system I use.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I use online banking, PayPal all that shit. I trust it. Multi-factor authentication would help though. I would invest in gold. Not gold shit stock, but real gold coins or bars. Get a fire prof safe. The rest would go into a Cayman account. I would also read Suze orman's book. LOL
The Orman may be the best idea there (haven't seen the book). Gold, well, the price of gold fluctuates a whole lot. It's fairly speculative, like most commodities.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
The Orman may be the best idea there (haven't seen the book). Gold, well, the price of gold fluctuates a whole lot. It's fairly speculative, like most commodities.

Trust me, when the USD collapses and you want food you will have gold to buy it with. LOL!

17 trillion in debt man! Print you sucker print!

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Trust me, when the USD collapses and you want food you will have gold to buy it with. LOL!

17 trillion in debt man! Print you sucker print!
You can't eat gold. You can trade it. But it's heavy and the security issues are far greater than FDIC insured savings accounts. :colbert: And like I say, the value fluctuates a whole lot. It's speculative. :whiste:

If and when the USD collapses, very little food will be obtained by virtue of swapping for gold!