Do you think this grandiose Mexico wall will materialise?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
All joking aside this is just fluffy talk that sounds great to their base. Immigrants provide cheap labor to many industries who aren't complaining about their lowered operating costs. The rich own these businesses and who runs this country? Complain all you'd like about this issue but Trump isn't going to shoot himself in the foot nor will he do anything that will harm his top 1% friends and family.

Meanwhile back in reality illegals cross the border at will in many areas, break into the homes of citizens and our officials sit on their hands playing a game with us all. I know people who lived along the border in AZ who had this happen to them repeatedly yet those in power didn't care and proved it by doing absolutely nothing to stop it. When some group really decides to hurt us at home they've got thousands of mile of open border to chose from to make their crossing. Everything they need to carry it out is already here in our open society.

That's really it right? If we were serious we would be going after businesses that hire illegals and penalize them. There is no accountability right now.

We do some high profile raids, some businesses will look and purge now and then, but for many others illegal labor is the business model.

E verify is not mandatory everywhere. Businesses only accountable if they knowingly hire illegals.

I don't think we should have uncontrolled borders, but I'm not for useless vanity projects, policies mostly driven by either business undercutting workers or by racism, or not taking into account we actually need migrant workers in some industries to be market viable.

But we're not there yet, so stupid boondoggles like this get proposed.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
E verify is not mandatory everywhere. Businesses only accountable if they knowingly hire illegals.
False documents are a very lucrative business in certain areas.:eek: We have the right to control our borders and very well should.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
All joking aside this is just fluffy talk that sounds great to their base. Immigrants provide cheap labor to many industries who aren't complaining about their lowered operating costs. The rich own these businesses and who runs this country? Complain all you'd like about this issue but Trump isn't going to shoot himself in the foot nor will he do anything that will harm his top 1% friends and family.

Meanwhile back in reality illegals cross the border at will in many areas, break into the homes of citizens and our officials sit on their hands playing a game with us all. I know people who lived along the border in AZ who had this happen to them repeatedly yet those in power didn't care and proved it by doing absolutely nothing to stop it. When some group really decides to hurt us at home they've got thousands of mile of open border to chose from to make their crossing. Everything they need to carry it out is already here in our open society.

Fear monger often?

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016

Ever considered why support for the wall is greater in rust belt bumfsvile without any illegal around for a thousand miles than around the actual border? Don't suppose those types are any good at looking up crime stats or much of anything with them numbers in it.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Ever considered why support for the wall is greater in rust belt bumfsvile without any illegal around for a thousand miles than around the actual border? Don't suppose those types are any good at looking up crime stats or much of anything with them numbers in it.

I'm sure that when car manufacturers and others leave the rust belt and build plants in Mexico, the residents don't feel it. No siree bob. Dumb ass! You, obviously, don't understand their plight, or why they object. They know where jobs are going and it hits home for them. Trump is the only ray of hope for them...and you question their vote?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I'm sure that when car manufacturers and others leave the rust belt and build plants in Mexico, the residents don't feel it. No siree bob. Dumb ass! You, obviously, don't understand their plight, or why they object. They know where jobs are going and it hits home for them. Trump is the only ray of hope for them...and you question their vote?

How will a wall that supposedly keeps illegals out, help keep jobs/plants from going to Mexico?
I don't think you've thought through your reply as it makes zero sense.

compuwiz1

Oct 9, 1999
How will a wall that supposedly keeps illegals out, help keep jobs/plants from going to Mexico?
I don't think you've thought through your reply as it makes zero sense.

You're right. I was thinking about why people in the rust belt might have voted for Trump, but my thoughts had nothing to do with the wall. Agent made a statement about support for the wall, but I don't think he understands why those people voted for Trump either. He didn't demonstrate how rust belt residents voted for Trump because of the wall. They voted for Trump for the reasons I stated, not the wall. The people in the RB are concerned about their lively hood and the impact outsourcing has on their lives.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
You're right. I was thinking about why people in the rust belt might have voted for Trump, but my thoughts had nothing to do with the wall. Agent made a statement about support for the wall, but I don't think he understands why those people voted for Trump either. He didn't demonstrate how rust belt residents voted for Trump because of the wall. They voted for Trump for the reasons I stated, not the wall.

I think agent understands perfectly why they voted for trump. The wall is simply the symbol that encapsulates that reasoning.

compuwiz1

Oct 9, 1999
I think agent understands perfectly why they voted for trump. The wall is simply the symbol that encapsulates that reasoning.
Free to think whatever he wants, but I don't agree. We already have a wall...laws. If we enforced them, the problem would be solved. People wouldn't cross the border illegally, if their reasons for coming were removed. That doesn't remove all the reasons we need them to come either. ;)

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Free to think whatever he wants, but I don't agree. We already have a wall...laws. If we enforced them, the problem would be solved. People wouldn't cross the border illegally, if their reasons for coming were removed. That doesn't remove all the reasons we need them to come either. ;)

Their reason for coming is jobs. That's why after the recession hit the number of illegals entering dropped. And if you have the slightest fuck about enforcing laws you would have been screaming bloody murder on the Republicans for not confirming more federal judges who would be presiding over immigration cases that would allow illegal immigrants to be sent back in a timely manner.

But go on about the wall that doesn't address the issues you supposedly care about.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016

What does that have to do with their detestation of fruit pickers and lower status ethnic groups in general?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Rust belt auto production? Their jobs went south a long time ago-

http://www.randlereport.com/Home/ta...sent-and-future-of-the-center-of-north-a.aspx

Only Mexico can out-South the South.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Rust belt auto production? Their jobs went south a long time ago-

http://www.randlereport.com/Home/ta...sent-and-future-of-the-center-of-north-a.aspx

Only Mexico can out-South the South.

But they're not as easy to kick as those fruit picking mexicans.

You ends(anti-racism) are not supportable HERE by your means (using racist terms.) You've been told before. If you must do so, make it clear to even the dimmest by using quotes and a wink icon. Or, you could find a less controversial way to express yourself.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
But they're not as easy to kick as those fruit picking mexicans.

You ends(anti-racism) are not supportable HERE by your means (using racist terms.) You've been told before. If you must do so, make it clear to even the dimmest by using quotes and a wink icon. Or, you could find a less controversial way to express yourself.

Perknose
Forum Director

Just to be clear, this literally references the fact they are hating on people hardly competing for their jobs as insinuated by compwiz: https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...will-materialise.2496509/page-6#post-38676897, while apparently ignoring others higher on the totem literally taking them.

Reactions: MajinCry

compuwiz1

Oct 9, 1999
Just to be clear, this literally references the fact they are hating on people hardly competing for their jobs as insinuated by compwiz: https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...will-materialise.2496509/page-6#post-38676897, while apparently ignoring others higher on the totem literally taking them.

First of all, don't drag me into an argument with a MOD. Second, how the F, are you even allowed to address a moderator on the forum like this, without consequences? You have over 6k posts and should know better. There is a place for expressing an issue with moderators and it ain't here! If a MOD puts an edit in your post, it ends there....no rebuttal on the forum.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
First of all, don't drag me into an argument with a MOD. Second, how the F, are you even allowed to address a moderator on the forum like this, without consequences? You have over 6k posts and should know better. There is a place for expressing an issue with moderators and it ain't here! If a MOD puts an edit in your post, it ends there....no rebuttal on the forum.

Lol! #safespacebitch

You knew exactly what agents point was and you played the bitch card.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016

Seems pretty obvious I don't have any issue with the moderation, but it appears you do though. This faux outrage is also pretty transparently desperate.

compuwiz1

Oct 9, 1999
Seems pretty obvious I don't have any issue with the moderation, but it appears you do though. This faux outrage is also pretty transparently desperate.

If I were a troll, this place would be a gold mine. I don't blame you for taking advantage of it. Congratulations! :D

It must get you, at least peanut & pistachio shells, while you try to engorge your limp member. You really can't do it, so you spend your flacid hours trying to make your fellows felate your rancid jubes. Go play bingo, old man!

Last edited:
Reactions: IronWing

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
If I were a troll, this place would be a gold mine. I don't blame you for taking advantage of it. Congratulations! :D

It must get you, at least peanut & pistachio shells, while you try to engorge your limp member. You really can't do it, so you spend your flacid hours trying to make your fellows felate your rancid jubes. Go play bingo, old man!
^^ Take notes folks, this is how one delivers an insult.