Do you think there will be a WWIII in this day and age?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sourn

Dec 26, 2012
I can't see a WW happening again not like they did previously. To many have nukes. So it'd just end up being a stale mate.. Losing side says, "back the hell off or we'll all die".

I could honestly see a civil war (in america) before another world war. Hopefully though aliens will come and start shit first, and we'll have to unite. Hey it could happen.

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Yeah, when Hitler invaded Poland they were just begging for it. Dumbass.

The subject was Israel and the Middle East. Where did Hitler come in the picture? But thanks for the name calling.

Man this place is tough. :D

Last edited:

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
We are talking about Israel. Thanks for the name calling though.

I didn't call you anything, I asked you a question. :colbert:

You made the ridiculous blanket statement about war and now everyone has jumped all over your shit. WE ARE VICIOUS!!!

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
The subject was Israel and the Middle East. Where did Hitler come in the picture? But thanks for the name calling.

Man this place is tough. :D

No, the subject was world wars and your quote was:
Hatred is a two way street. It takes two to start wars, etc etc.

And that quote is patently ridiculous because it takes ONE to start a war. When have two countries ever sat at a table and said "Hey, want to have a war? Sure! Tomorrow good for you?"

And if you insist upon sticking to the Middle East, the Christians started the crusades, the Muslims just got dragged into it. The Yom kippur War was a surprise attack too and Israel got dragged into it. Iraq invaded Kuwait, Kuwait didn't agree to a war, etc etc etc.

The place is not tough on rational, intelligent thought. If you were made to feel stupid, good.

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
I didn't call you anything, I asked you a question. :colbert:

You made the ridiculous blanket statement about war and now everyone has jumped all over your shit. WE ARE VICIOUS!!!

Yes, I have slowly made my way back to OT so I'm getting warmed up :D

War is really inherent in human beings due to several factors - ambition, greed, desire and competition. These factors are spread all over the world. After all, just as humans compete over things, so do countries. Since there are limited resources in the world, it is a race to who can destroy the earth as fast as possible to dig them out.

As for my previous statement, I did not have Hitler in mind.

No, the subject was world wars and your quote was:

And that quote is patently ridiculous because it takes ONE to start a war. When have two countries ever sat at a table and said "Hey, want to have a war? Sure! Tomorrow good for you?"

And if you insist upon sticking to the Middle East, the Christians started the crusades, the Muslims just got dragged into it. The Yom kippur War was a surprise attack too and Israel got dragged into it. Iraq invaded Kuwait, Kuwait didn't agree to a war, etc etc etc.

The place is not tough on rational, intelligent thought. If you were made to feel stupid, good.

Maybe I used the wrong word, but the point is that it is hard to distinguish between right and wrong more often than not. Maybe I should have put it a better way, oh well. Do we really know the whole circumstances of all the wars you listed or are you merely repeating what you have learned?

Last edited:

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
As soon as laser defense grids are implemented, few people will care about other nation's nuclear missiles. We can once again rock the casbah.

Gintaras

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2000
3rd WW started on 9/11/2001 and it started as same as WWII( see: "False Flag" in Wiki)
Back then, it too a few years for Germany to occupy a lot of small nations in Europe, before they went Blitzkrieg vs Russia...
Now, US try to "surround" Russia with NATO employed vassals...Maybe some would like to read an american "Mein Kamph": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Grand_Chessboard

China is the problem - we do owe them to much and no idea how to pay it...

As Stalin has said: "No person - no problem"...maybe we could do same with China after all that debt - we owe to China? But then, who else, than China could make for us - americans an underwear? Can WE be a winners with no underwear?