Do you think my X-Box DVD remote still works?

Comp625

Golden Member
Aug 25, 2000
I bought my DVD remote for the X-Box about a month ago and left it out in the trunk of my car. There was a 50% sale on accessories at KBToys that prompted me to buy the remote even though I didn't have the X-Box. Tommorow though, I will have an X-Box.

Do you think my DVD remote still works even though it's been in the trunk of my car? (It's been hot up here in the NYC area lately) The remote is still in it's original packaging (not opened yet).

If you don't think so, can I return/exchange for it? I don't have the receipt. The KBToys price tag is still on it though.

shurato

Platinum Member
Sep 24, 2000
It should be fine as long as no moisture got into it I think. If it's still sealed, you should be straight. KB-TOY video game accessories are locked behind a glass display around here...so I don't think they would of thought you stole it if you tried to exchange it without a receipt. But what would be your reason for exchange for another remote since its not even open...perhaps you can try to get your money back then buy it again from them. I think it should be fine...it's just a remote, not some sensetive electronics... but then again what do I know.

bsobel

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Dec 9, 2001
The shipping containers this stuff comes over on get as hot as your trunk, unless the thing is visibly melted ;) you shouldn't have a problem.
Bill