Do you think it would have been better for Jordan to just retire and fade gracefully?

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
I mean it seems kinda sad to me he is still trying to come back to the sport in one way or another...he just got refused by the Wizards.

I have to say if he comes out of retiremnt to play one more time its just sad....

He should have just faded gracefully in full glory...now its just like everyone is saying...is he trying to come back again..geez give it up..starting to be a joke now.

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002
Ya he should have given it up. But I think the reason he's coming back isn't for money, but instead for the game. Which I can't really blame him for. But if it is for money then he sucks!

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
He's playing for the love of the game. That's it. If you want to play Basketball and you could still play in the NBA with 40, why wouldn't you?

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Originally posted by: BooGiMaN
I mean it seems kinda sad to me he is still trying to come back to the sport in one way or another...he just got refused by the Wizards.

I have to say if he comes out of retiremnt to play one more time its just sad....

He should have just faded gracefully in full glory...now its just like everyone is saying...is he trying to come back again..geez give it up..starting to be a joke now.

Why is it sad? He enjoys what he does. I think it's sad that people can judge him so quickly.

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
I understand his love for the game but maybe he should have stuck to just coaching...i think it would have been better han coming back trying to compete with the new kids playing the game.

biffbacon

Golden Member
Feb 22, 2003
hmm, he was the greatest player ever. seen as an icon who had played his entire career with one team, and went out at the top of his game.

then, he tried to be more than he could, and bring a sinking ship to the top. he couldnt. now he is just some over the hill decent player who has lost credibility in my book, and along the way it cost him his marriage and family. I respected him alot more before he came out of retirement

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
Originally posted by: biffbacon
hmm, he was the greatest player ever. seen as an icon who had played his entire career with one team, and went out at the top of his game.

then, he tried to be more than he could, and bring a sinking ship to the top. he couldnt. now he is just some over the hill decent player who has lost credibility in my book, and along the way it cost him his marriage and family. I respected him alot more before he came out of retirement

very true..

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
Anyone care to link me to wtf you're talking about?

n/m found it at nba.com.

All he wanted to do was come back and be president of operations again.

He can purchase another team if he wanted to. He should go back to Chicago and take over there.

Jul 12, 2001
what else would he do? he loves basketball. He doesnt enjoy being a GM or coach (and not nearly as good at it) as he loves playing....let the man do what he loves..

its like some people say it about Rickey Henderson, probably the best lead off hitter in the history of baseball is now playing minor league ball...i've hear people say he should just retire. Why? he isnt doing it for money. This is his retirement.

golf seems to be the only sport where they understand this. hell they even have a seperate tour for them so they can keep playing even if they arent as good as they once were.

Kyteland

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2002
What he really needs to do is come back to Chicago and become some kind of PR guy in the Bulls organization. Make him VP of <insert crap title here> and make him publicly visible. That is where everyone knows him from and he would have a big impact (even though he wouldn't be playing...)

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000

You lost respect for him because he wants to do what he enjoys rather than preserve an image?

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Kyteland
What he really needs to do is come back to Chicago and become some kind of PR guy in the Bulls organization. Make him VP of <insert crap title here> and make him publicly visible. That is where everyone knows him from and he would have a big impact (even though he wouldn't be playing...)

So true.

TheWart

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2000
bleh let the guy play if he wants to. far be it from me and my sorry couch b-ball skills, tho as a pure fan i would have liked his last play to have been the fade away jumper to win the game.

biffbacon

Golden Member
Feb 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Moralpanic

You lost respect for him because he wants to do what he enjoys rather than preserve an image?

i hope enjoying what he does was more valuable than his image, the millions of fans who adored him, and most importantly his family

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
I don't really care if he plays ball or not, I think he is doing what he knows and doing what he loves. However I think he should quit retiring and them coming out of retirement, it just seems silly.