Do you think any paid political posters are members here?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Blue_Max

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2011
No shit, right?

I mean, Ive been at AT for close to 3 years now, and it only took me a few weeks to realize the posters in the technical forums are like vicious flying rancors compared to ATOT or even P&N.

Heh... at least personal attacks are disallowed there. They may fight savagely, but they're required to stick to the facts or get booted! ;)

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Depends if you've changed your cabling from one pic to the other. I love this classic audio gear and it'd be nice to bond over that kind of stuff, but I believe in treating people better than you do. You and your pals have already threatened by job and children. Indirectly, of course, but I still have to hide my identity to prevent your pals from doing so.

Okay, you made the claim - you back it up. HOW are your agendas somehow making me a "victim" other than by admitting these agendas are all very much AGAINST the white men you accuse me of being? :rolleyes:

Though that may often be the case, even if it existed beyond college campuses and many HR departments, I would not cower in a lefties-only "safe space".

How you've existed this long with your constant ranting is beyond me, to be honest.

Almost everything you post really makes little to no sense.

Must be a comedy factor maybe.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
How you've existed this long with your constant ranting is beyond me, to be honest.

Almost everything you post really makes little to no sense.

Must be a comedy factor maybe.

This place just wouldnt be the same without the severe extremist right. They make it entertaining.

Reactions: MongGrel

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
there were news reports about russian infiltrators into the comments sections of news articles and the like.

Blue_Max

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2011
This place just wouldnt be the same without the severe extremist right. They make it entertaining.

As I've said, I'm a liberal. A little-to-moderate left of center. As I've also said, our bury-the-needle leftists call anyone not firmly in their camp, "Alt-Rights" or "conserva-terrorists" etc.
...and hate them.

Oh, hey, Chris Ray-Gun just made a new video pointing this out. Let's watch it together!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VLQs_2J4kY
hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

norseamd

Lifer
Dec 13, 2013
So again, source?

Any proof at all as to your accusation?

Im not really concerned about trying to win an argument against you, when you already seem committed to one certain answer or viewpoint.

So, nein, you can find it yourself.

leper84

Dec 29, 2011
Im not really concerned about trying to win an argument against you, when you already seem committed to one certain answer or viewpoint.

So, nein, you can find it yourself.

So you have no source. Your argument has no merit.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
...because a liberal MUST fall into line and believe as the others do...?

I'm pretty much a far shot from a liberal to begin with.

You are way far from one.

If you think you are a liberal, you do not even know the meaning of the term.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
So you have no source. Your argument has no merit.

I've read a lot of the data that Patrick Ruffini has published. He has made a spreadsheet of Trump followers that had zero posting history and has tracked consistent retweets and timings between them. Ruffini is highly involved in the Republican party and the RNC and has worked with previous Republican campaigns so can't call him a Hillary stumper. There's nothing tying them to Russia and no way to really do that. But other sites like the BBC have commented on the influence of Russian tweets and their volume and consistent messaging. Given the Putin/Manfort/Trump Russia love and tampering that Russia has already done in this election process (DNC hacks)...there's a lot of dot connecting but no smoking gun.

At the very least if it's not Russia there is some bot play at work in twitter.

norseamd

Lifer
Dec 13, 2013
I've read a lot of the data that Patrick Ruffini has published. He has made a spreadsheet of Trump followers that had zero posting history and has tracked consistent retweets and timings between them. Ruffini is highly involved in the Republican party and the RNC and has worked with previous Republican campaigns so can't call him a Hillary stumper. There's nothing tying them to Russia and no way to really do that. But other sites like the BBC have commented on the influence of Russian tweets and their volume and consistent messaging. Given the Putin/Manfort/Trump Russia love and tampering that Russia has already done in this election process (DNC hacks)...there's a lot of dot connecting but no smoking gun.

At the very least if it's not Russia there is some bot play at work in twitter.

The most contentious topic in certain subreddits is Russia. China does not even come close. And it is not like there are 2 sides of equal size going at it. Most of it comes from a few, very loud, very confrontational posters, and even once in a while you will have this invasion where all these pro-Russia submissions are created, every submissions is gone through and filled with pro-Russia comments, and pro-Russia brigading is done wholesale. Its funny, because if you look at the upvotes, there are a lot of people who dont say much, yet they upvote stories that deal with the problems that Russia gives the rest of the world. Hate to use the term, but the silent majority does not think highly of Putin. Yet if you were to go by the most vocal comments, without knowing about the subject yourself, you might think otherwise.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Methinks if there are paid members here, they'd be skilled enough to not seem like they are, yet effectively influence the discourse of topics that their employers are concerned about.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
and yet we have record of the largest video card maker doing exactly that. You dont think nations or giant political parties would try to shape the narrative by creating it?

But it makes sense for nVidia or anyone else in that hardware area to do this at AT and related forums compared to political operatives targeting the same tech-focused forums.

norseamd

Lifer
Dec 13, 2013
I work in digital media and the appropriation of time/attention/money is generally 90% to Facebook, 5% to Instagram and 5% to Twitter. Forums like these or even Reddit don't even register.

Newsflash.

Not all of the world is as low on the IQ scale as corporations or American facebook users.

norseamd

Lifer
Dec 13, 2013
But it makes sense for nVidia or anyone else in that hardware area to do this at AT and related forums compared to political operatives targeting the same tech-focused forums.

Yes. But, in the end, coming to sites like this with off-topic or political discussions could yield real dividends, especially since many technophiles probably identify with tech communities, and thus are partial to tribalistic peer pressure and cohesion. And since this is not a more mainstream or politically affiliated community, that could mean that individuals do not set themselves in stone against other members of the community, and are more partial to hearing out other individuals, thus opening the door to influencing not only individual members, but also the conversations, and even the site-wide political outlook.

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
Seems likely. AT is a relatively old and popular tech site, and people paid to post on the internet would often be interested in tech.

Pretty stupid question, either way.