Do you talk to yourself?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jaydee

Diamond Member
May 6, 2000
When no one else will listen.

In the summer I spend up to 12-14 hours a day on a tractor by myself. That will get anyone talking to themselves real quick. The occasional "Oh, nice kitter Jim, perfect alignment", or the unfortuanate "WTF is wrong with you, I thought you wasted a good 1.5 gallons of liquid nitrate (corn fertilizer) on that turn you freaking loser, now you're gunna burn those 50 plants and end up short. What are you doing here anyway?"

Got to do something to pass the time.

Frosty3799

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2000

<< It is useful when one is involved in rather complicated calculations or designs. Other than in those cases, I rarely talk to myself. >>

Roger that

I think every has to at some time? like thinking over how you will talk to your boss/ etc. for a raise and stuff.

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
I talk to myself all the time. I think 90% of people do, just not outloud. I do it outloud :)

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000

<< I never talk to myself...I've got my husband to talk with..*s*. >>

Aww :D

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
Most of the time I don't, but sometimes if I'm mad at something I'll say things quietly to myself that probably should not be repeated here lest the Mods should ban me. ;)

d33pt

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2001
i mumble to myself when i'm trying to figure out a problem... usually computer related

littlelilith

Jul 15, 2000

<< I don't talk out loud to myself, but I do talk like to myself in my head LOL. >>

Me too. I almost never talk to myself out loud, but I talk to myself in my head all the time.

Supermercado

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Occasionally, I do. Sometimes it just helps to hear what I'm thinking out loud. Like when I'm programming or something.

VirusDub

Golden Member
Aug 29, 2001
I talk to myself a lot. If I'm trying to work out a problem, understand a concept, or even if I'm just bored I talk to myself.

BlackSoul

Feb 13, 2001
Hell ya, I am the only one that doesn't argue with me. Also, aside from my family I am really the only human I can stand :)

Keego

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2000

<< Wake up in the morning...
look in the mirror...
"You da man!"
:D

Start the day on a good note.
>>

lmao there's someone who is dillusional! :D