Do you talk to your ex's?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
I talk to my first ex on a constant basis.. we went out for 3.5 years so she was and still is an important person in my life.
My second one I don't talk to as much especially since she moved 3000 miles away. And my most recent ex ALSO moved about 2500 miles away so I don't talk to her much either. Hm.

eakers

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
my ex and i were together for 3 years and wehn we first broke up we talked a lot because we had meant so much to eachother for so long.

but now i dont care for him and now that i dont love him any more i can be really really angry for all the bullsh!t he put me through.

we still talk but im so angry about everything that i just try not to. its prolley really really unhealthy to harbour so many bad feelings after being broke up for so long but this is me being bitter.

*dontbelievehislies.

codehack2

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Shiva112
So I broke up with my first serious girlfriend over a year ago. I haven't talked to her since December. My current gf thinks thats weird and that I should call her. Honestly I really don't care to. We broke up under not so good terms but I don't think there's any hatred between us. I just feel like I don't have enough in common with her to stay friends.

I never burn any bridges. Plus, I'm going to tell you one of the abosolute best feelings is being on a date with a hottie and seeing an Ex. Of course because your still "Friends" it's ok to walk up & say Hi.

CH2

lilFajita

Golden Member
Aug 2, 2002
I think that if you are able to talk to you ex with no problems, then it means that they don't effect you anymore. Maybe your girlfriend thinks that your intense desire to not talk to you ex is really an indication that there is unfinished business...or that you still have emotions towards the ex.

I can talk to my old ex-boyfriend, but I don't care to because we don't have much to talk about anymore. Anyway, what's the point of talking to someone "every once in a while"? If they are in your life, then they are around, and know what's going on. Otherwise, what's the point? I'm indifferent.

PG

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999
The ex-wife only calls me when she needs something. I don't call her.

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
i used to, but now i realize that there was a reason we broke up... not to say we aren't friends... i just don't go out of my way to contact them

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002
I kicked a soccer ball at my ex g/f's car the other day while at soccer practice. Then I started jumping up and down because I did, and then I realized she was walking toward the parking lot and heard me doing it. It was really funny.

To answer the initial question, NO!

geoff2k

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2000
Never. We stay out of each other's way -- no point in bringing up the past.

MazerRackham

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2002
I don't talk to any of my ex-girlfriends.... I run into two of them sometimes (we are in school together), but we never "do" anything outside of that.

They are ex-girlfriends for a reason :p

slpaulson

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2000
I talk to one of them quite a bit.

One of my other ex's bugs me a lot, but I hate her.