Do you talk to your ex's?

Maverick

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
So I broke up with my first serious girlfriend over a year ago. I haven't talked to her since December. My current gf thinks thats weird and that I should call her. Honestly I really don't care to. We broke up under not so good terms but I don't think there's any hatred between us. I just feel like I don't have enough in common with her to stay friends.

roncarter

Golden Member
Feb 28, 2002
Originally posted by: Shiva112
So I broke up with my first serious girlfriend over a year ago. I haven't talked to her since December. My current gf thinks thats weird and that I should call her. Honestly I really don't care to. We broke up under not so good terms but I don't think there's any hatred between us. I just feel like I don't have enough in common with her to stay friends.

tell ur gf that shes the only girl you want to talk to...

booty time!!

UberDave

Platinum Member
Apr 9, 2002
if i left on a good note, sure but ya gotta play it well otherwise ya know, they won't put out.

if they hurt me, fuvck em' let them rot.

Maverick

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
I'm glad you guys are in agreement. Why the hell would a guy want to talk to his ex if there's no desire to rebound? :D
I think she wants me to because she still talks to her ex's (which I think is weird).

Lets get some female opinions in here.

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
I talk to 1 of my ex's... I usually can stand to tolerate them after breakups, lots of the time it's the girl's fault if there is no more communcation after breakup.

I wouldn't call her either from what you are saying.

budice

Banned
Sep 5, 2002
TextI think she wants me to because she still talks to her ex's (which I think is weird).
AH HAH!!!
And you probably dislike it more than you want to admit and she knows it. In her wacked little female mind you can't be miffed about her contacts with the ex's if you talk to yours. She thinks it evens the score.
I love the way the female brain works. Serves to keep you on your toes.

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
She's playing the standard game in reverse. My experience is that chicky doesn't want you to talk to your exs (every one of my gf's has gotten mad anytime I spoke to an ex at all), but none of them had any contact with theirs.

She still doesn't want you to talk to your ex, but she knows that if she gets pissed at you, you have every right to be pissed at her for talking to hers.

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001
Originally posted by: budice
TextI think she wants me to because she still talks to her ex's (which I think is weird).
AH HAH!!!
And you probably dislike it more than you want to admit and she knows it. In her wacked little female mind you can't be miffed about her contacts with the ex's if you talk to yours. She thinks it evens the score.
I love the way the female brain works. Serves to keep you on your toes.

Have you ever given her a little grief about her still talking to her ex? If so, then I agree with budice.

My ex screwed me over - I was with her for 1.5 years and have 0 desire to ever see her again. If I broke up with a woman on good terms then I'd have no problem keeping up light contact.

BTW, I like your sig budice ;)

Stifko

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 1999
Yes sometimes and I even get blessed w/the occaisional booty call too sometimes.

damiano

Platinum Member
May 29, 2002
even one is a sex buddy now...
we call each other around 4 in the morning sometimes when feeling lonely :)

BigJohnKC

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2001
Not a chance. Every girl I've dated seriously has dumped me, so I figure if they wanna talk they can call me, but I ain't calling them.

propellerhead

Golden Member
Apr 25, 2001
All my ex's were good friends of mine before they fell into the category of a possible ex. We still keep in touch now, even though I've been married for a decade and a half.

microAmp

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by: BigJohnKC
Not a chance. Every girl I've dated seriously has dumped me, so I figure if they wanna talk they can call me, but I ain't calling them.

Damn, just like me :)