Do you study in groups?

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
Do you guys study in groups, with a partner or with friends? I never study with anyone, we usually end up playing video games.

If with a hot girl, I would be too distracted by the hot girl.

LordJezo

Banned
May 16, 2001
I would study for an hour with some guys then play games.

Then I graduated, got a job, and was glad I wasn't one of those fools who spent all night studying for every class weeks before an exam.

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
I study alone because of my work schedule. I can't make those 5 or 6 PM study groups because I work until 2:30AM. :(

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
Originally posted by: LordJezo
I would study for an hour with some guys then play games.

Then I graduated, got a job, and was glad I wasn't one of those fools who spent all night studying for every class weeks before an exam.

WTF? You studied one hour everyday or are you saying you studied total of one hour?

What's wrong with studying all night for an exam weeks ahead of the test??! :confused:

batmang

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2003
Originally posted by: lager
Do you guys study in groups, with a partner or with friends? I never study with anyone, we usually end up playing video games.

Hah, that scares me, the hot girl thing. My GF goes to University of Arizona, has study group meetings every now and then, I hope their just studying, and not STUDYING.

whaleskinrug

Golden Member
Sep 25, 2003
I always hated it because 90% of the people were leeches that would invite you to the session and then contribute nothing. So if I wanted to study with someone else I would make sure to target one or two people that I KNOW are capable and have kept up.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
i'm in a study group. we're going drinking in about an hour.

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: lager

I certainly hope if a hot girl asks you to help her study, you don't turn it down.

That's a potential notch on the bedpost right there. ;)

- M4H

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
I tried but they were wastes of my time. There are two people who go to study groups:
1) People who don't have a clue what is going on and I will get nothing from being around them, or
2) People who know most of the material and spend all their time repeating that material they ALREADY KNOW to the people in group (1).

If you are in group (1) then yes it is helpful. But those of us in group (2) are being used and it is a horrible waste of our time. VictorLazlo I can't believe you admit to being in group (1) - at least you are honest.

JetBlack69

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2001
I normally study on my own, but a friend of mine and I go over problems a few day before the exam.

erub

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000
It really depends on the class.. some of those damn engineering problems I can never figure out by myself..and some I am easily able to explain to others.

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
I think it's a good idea because you can ask questions when you don't understand. You're together in a non-hostile environment. I mean when you're in class, there are, nine out of ten times, people who are thinking, STFU, how stuipd can you be... when you're asking questions. But when you're in a study group of friends or even aquaintences it's easier and less hostile than a regular class session is.

I study by myself.