Do you still wear a watch?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I've got a few Seiko watches (titanium and self-winding), a Kenneth Cole watch, and of course, my Timex Ironman Triathalon. :D

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Originally posted by: Kelemvor
Originally posted by: Jeff7
Originally posted by: compuwiz1
I wear nothing
I see. This explains a lot, you know.

Originally posted by: UncleWai
Wearing a watch is more than just for looking at time.
Like what?
Maybe if I had a James Bond sort of watch, then I'd have a few ideas.:D

Just reminded me of these:

http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Nelsonic/PacMan.htm
that was seriously the last watch i wore. it was a birthday gift when i was around 5 or 6 and i loved it but my teachers probably didnt. never really found a use for watches after it died.

i had the one without a joystick and it came in the box like the pics at the bottom. oh the memories.

imported_Lothar

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2006
Haven't worn one since middle school. (10 years ago)
I got my 1st cell phone only 4 years ago.

For the 6 years I didn't carry a time piece, I got the time by asking someone else or looking at clocks in the area.

I hate watches because my hand is too thin and most won't fit it.
Those fake $50 "gold/silver looking" watches that adults wear won't fit my hand leaving me to only crappy plastic/leather Timex watches with holes in them like a belt.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Yep and I actually a little feel lost without it.

KT

Foxery

Golden Member
Jan 24, 2008
I feel naked without mine. I also bought a fairly nice one a few years back, so I'm pleased to look more classy than a gadget-obsessed kid.

Using your cell phone for *time* looks incredibly immature.

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Yes, I have had a wenger, tag, three Rolex watches, four invictas, a casio...now I have one Rolex which I want to sell as I don't think they are that great, still have the casio and am getting a panerai clone watch from ebay. My grail is two Omegas (Speedmaster and Planet Ocean) and a dress watch, preferably cheaper but still nice.

I don't wear them for functionality but rather for fun.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
A vintage Omega for the weekends and a Kenneth Cole for workdays. :) I always wear a watch.

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I used to, but then I found I always took it off at work because it was heavy and I didn't like typing with it on. So I figured what's the point of wearing it if I always take it off, and I don't anymore. If I could find a light, comfortable watch, I'd probably use it, but most of the watches that I like are too heavy.

DnetMHZ

Diamond Member
Apr 10, 2001
I feel naked without a watch on. My current one is a Tag which I got as a birthday present from my father about 7 years ago.

L

Lola

I never really wore a watch before, but then I got one as a gift from my husband at Christmas and I cannot live without it.

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
Originally posted by: Don Vito Corleone
I love watches and have several (something like 15). I am uncomfortable not having a watch on. Currently wearing my new Omega Railmaster.

Very nice, I'll have to look at one at my dealer. I am currently wearing a Breitling Chrono Colt. Similar to the one you posted, but I like the face of the Omega.

T9D

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2001
Nope can't stand watches. And they look tacky and gaudy. Can't stand anything on my wrist or fingers. If I ever get married (which I don't want to anyway) I'd never be able to wear a wedding ring. Would drive me nuts.

3NF

Golden Member
Feb 5, 2005
I hate wearing watches and I'll never wear one. I have this uncanny ability to know what time it is, within +/- 15 minutes.

TheAdvocate

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2005
yes, a citizen eco-drive titanium that I am absolutely in love with. I dislike watches and jewelry but have made an exception for this one.

i also dislike cell phones in general, even though I have one. they're pretty much an ultimate conceit.