DO you say...

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000
"Miles PER hour" or "Miles AN hour"?

I always say "An hour"....

Just wondering if I am *THAT* different...

Tauren

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2001
Well, considering that MPH stands for: "miles per hour", that's what I say.

LAUST

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000

<<

<< PER >>

Eh, LOSER! :D:D:D
>>

Well, considering that MPH stands for: &quot;miles per hour&quot;, that's what I say

:p ;)

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000

<< Well, considering that MPH stands for: &quot;miles per hour&quot;, that's what I say. >>

So when you see some 4$$|-|0|_3 flying past you down the highway, you say, &quot;Damn! That POS must be going at least 80 MILES PER HOUR!&quot;

Corny, IMHO. :D

Libra

May 20, 2001
I say, &quot;What do you mean I was doing 68 in a 35? I demand to see the reading on the gun. Where's my lawyer?&quot;

My tickets always say miles per hour.

Mrfrog840

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2000
I say, i went 150 miles an hour down a highway last night in a 2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT and it scared the crap out of me

Libra

May 20, 2001

<< I say, i went 150 miles an hour down a highway last night in a 2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT and it scared the crap out of me >>

And to that I say, &quot;Here's the business card of a good detailer.&quot;

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000

<<

<< I say, i went 150 miles an hour down a highway last night in a 2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT and it scared the crap out of me >>

And to that I say, &quot;Here's the business card of a good detailer.&quot;
>>

And do THAT I say, &quot;Here's my ass, waiting to be kissed.&quot;

EEEerrrmm...

Murpheeee

Diamond Member
Apr 30, 2000
On the DO YOU SAY subject.....

Does any regular member of the public really say &quot;ETA&quot; ?

Some @sshole I work with says it all the time.....I find it very weird

Eg. He is talking with someone on the phone who is coming to see him, instead of saying &quot;what time will you be here?&quot; he says &quot;what's your ETA?&quot;

In his case I am sure he is just being a d1ck, and thinks it sounds &quot;cooool&quot;
Anyway.....just wondered if anyone else used this in everday speech?

oh....BTW.....I am a miles AN hour person ;)

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000

<< On the DO YOU SAY subject.....

Does any regular member of the public really say &quot;ETA&quot; ?

Some @sshole I work with says it all the time.....I find it very weird

Eg. He is talking with someone on the phone who is coming to see him, instead of saying &quot;what time will you be here?&quot; he says &quot;what's your ETA?&quot;

In his case I am sure he is just being a d1ck, and thinks it sounds &quot;cooool&quot;
Anyway.....just wondered if anyone else used this in everday speech?
>>

You....need help... :D:D:D

Libra

May 20, 2001

<< And do THAT I say, &quot;Here's my ass, waiting to be kissed.&quot;

EEEerrrmm...
>>

*whoosh*

that's the sound of you not getting it. i clocked that one going by you at about 110 mph.

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000

<<

<< And do THAT I say, &quot;Here's my ass, waiting to be kissed.&quot;

EEEerrrmm...
>>

*whoosh*

that's the sound of you not getting it. i clocked that one going by you at about 110 mph.
>>

I got it. I was just assing again, Maul-Style. :D

Libra

May 20, 2001

<< I got it. I was just assing again, Maul-Style. >>

Fair enough...

Seems there's been a dearth of ass in this thread. How sporting of you to take up the slack.

edited for inability to quote

TuffGirl

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2001
I usually say miles an hour in conversation, but I'll say 'per' if I'm referring to a speedometer I think.

Murpheeee, funny you ask about &quot;What's your ETA?&quot; I picked up that phrase recently from my boyfriend, who says he picked it up from the Lincoln Towncar chauffeurs in the city. After you give them your destination, they'll tell you formally what your ETA is going to be, to be more professional and courteous than cabbies are. Now that my bf drives me around a lot, I end up asking him often &quot;what's your ETA?&quot; too!

MrMarley22

May 21, 2001
I usually say: I'm going 85 miles-AN-hour down the road, but then a 5.0 stops me, asks me for the 411, I tell him my ETA for work is O-eight-hundred, and if I don't get myself in ASAP, I'll be DOA...he goes and gets the K-9 and CB's to the local PD, and now I'm SOL....hmmmm...rrrright :)

Jothaxe

Golden Member
Apr 5, 2001
I think I say both depending on whether I am talking quickly (miles an hour) or slowly (miles per hour.)

&quot;Miles per hour&quot; just doesnt roll of the tounge so easily.

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000

<< &quot;Miles per hour&quot; just doesnt roll of the tounge so easily. >>

My point exactly...