do you play in borderless window mode or full screen

• Full screen

• Borderless window mode

• Windowed mode

Results are only viewable after voting.

BSim500

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2013
Normally full-screen. I only use Borderless for games that have issues with ALT-TABing. Don't think I've ever used Windowed (non borderless) outside of Solitare / Minesweeper.

Gryz

Golden Member
Aug 28, 2010
In the past I've seen issue with windowed-mode and borderless-mode. The gamma/brightness wasn't right. I've not bought an expensive monitor and a calibration tool so that my games can mess with the colors themselves. So I always play in full-screen mode.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
Fullscreen almost always as it's too easy to switch to desktop usually not to mention you will suffer a performance hit going in window mode usually.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Depends...there are games that have broken fullscreen modes and borderless window mode fixes it. Otherwise Fullscreen for SLI (when it's supported)

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
It depends on the game. If I find the game to be a bit taxing on the system, I might go fullscreen to boost performance a little bit. I did this for Assassin's Creed: Origins. However, in most games, I use Borderless Window.. especially if I have any need to go outside the game at some point (check a website, etc.).

bystander36

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2013
Since windowed modes force a form of V-sync, and SLI/CF isn't supported (not using it anymore), I've always used fullscreen except in a game where I need/want to alt-tab on occasion and it's an issue to do so.

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
100% prefer borderless window if the game has no issues with the mode. I really like to switch to desktop sometimes (look up something or switch audio tracks or switch youtube video), especially for multiplayer games I will switch to desktop between rounds. Very seemless switches. Fullscreen is really clunky when doing this. Especially with multi-monitor, several games I can just move my mouse cursor to my second monitor between rounds without any alt-tab.

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
When i had only 1 monitor i always used fullscreen. Now that i run multiple monitors i prefer border less window mode.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
FS, unless there's some kind of visual anomaly or other issue with that mode. I can definitely see borderless window mode being useful for multi-monitor setups or in cases where you want to see diagnostics and/or performance metrics or something.

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011
Similar to many others here I used to be full screen only until I got a second monitor. Now I use borderless if possible for easy use of the second monitor for video, music, web, etc.

b-mac

Jun 15, 2015
I generally play in borderless fullscreen when I can get away with it, but there are certain games I find that can be finnicky and run much better in actual fullscreen. Borderless full screen works well for me when I am using a second monitor while playing.

bystander36

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2013
With multiple monitors,
Similar to many others here I used to be full screen only until I got a second monitor. Now I use borderless if possible for easy use of the second monitor for video, music, web, etc.
I guess I'm different than most of you. I hate to use borderless, especially when using 2 monitors. It allows your mouse to go past the borders of the game play, which can cause problems when moving your mouse off to the side.

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011
With multiple monitors,

I guess I'm different than most of you. I hate to use borderless, especially when using 2 monitors. It allows your mouse to go past the borders of the game play, which can cause problems when moving your mouse off to the side.
That can be a problem but I really don't see it too often. I greatly prefer moving the camera by zooming or dragging the map. Edge scrolling feels so antiquated these days.

bystander36

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2013
That can be a problem but I really don't see it too often. I greatly prefer moving the camera by zooming or dragging the map. Edge scrolling feels so antiquated these days.
There are other reasons to go towards the edge of a screen, such as targeting.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
Full screen of course. I don't understand why does someone play on window mode.
Veve Games

Why are you trying to advertise some site with your posts? This is against the forum guidelines.

As for the topic, I have never had a need to use borderless window mode. But there have been a few games that only have this, and don't have full screen, which is a bit annoying.